free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prisioner in my own country

I'm trying to find a solution to my current situation. I owe child support that is in arrears. I have ben paying for 6 years and am still far behind. The child in question is 22 years old now and emacipated from judgement. I am trying to get a passport to go to England as my fiancee' lives there and we plan to get married but I can't receive a passport to go. Anyone have a suggestion that will point me in the right direction? Need constructive advise here. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

I'm trying to find a solution to my current situation. I owe child support that is in arrears. I have ben paying for 6 years and am still far behind. The child in question is 22 years old now and emacipated from judgement. I am trying to get a passport to go to England as my fiancee' lives there and we plan to get married but I can't receive a passport to go. Anyone have a suggestion that will point me in the right direction? Need constructive advise here. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

This is not really US immigration related so I would advise to talk to a lawyer in how to obtain a passport.

What is the exact reason for the denial?

Because federal law mandates that if you owe more than $5000 in child support you cant obtain a passport.

wow
    you can`t live country beacuse of child support?

I didn't pay support for a horse back in my own country and was refused visa.

What if you defaulted on a student loan??

TO SPEEDRACER: I applaud you because you are trying now to do everything the "right" way. Unfortunately, I don't know of many exceptions to obtain a passport when it's been denied. On the other hand, there are many, many reasons for which passports are denied ~ yes, even to America's own citizens ~ and most of them are unrelated to immigration.

TO IMMIGRANTS: Most of you seemed shocked to think America actually has rules to follow or Americans will be penalized in inconvenient and unpleasant ways. The immigrants who post here need to grow up. Americans are denied privileges every single day ~ for oversights, mistakes, mere neglect ~ and for a whole host of things far less serious than breaking immigration laws.

LOL to "It happens"!

You did not support your own child, your own blood. It means that you did not care for him and had sympathy for your child. How you can expect others to care or have sympathy for you. You did not only break the law but also commited a sin by not being with your kids at an age, when they needed you most. You deserve nothing. You just think about yourself. Instead of paying back child support, you want to travel to be with your girlfriend. Shame on you.