50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: earned legalization: important questions

1) does this proposition concern only people who entered the country illegally or also people who overstayed?
    2) how illegal persons can prove they have worked for 2 years when their employers don't want to declare them?
    3) if the wife has a Tax ID since many years and the husband have paid taxes for many years , can she use this as a proof of working? the 2 years of work are per person of for the whole family as they file Taxes together?
    4) Is it sufficient to be only 5 years in US and having a USC child to benefit of this proposal?
    4) Is it fair in this case to legalize only the husband and separate him from his wife and daughter?

Thanks for your help.

1) does this proposition concern only people who entered the country illegally or also people who overstayed?
    2) how illegal persons can prove they have worked for 2 years when their employers don't want to declare them?
    3) if the wife has a Tax ID since many years and the husband have paid taxes for many years , can she use this as a proof of working? the 2 years of work are per person of for the whole family as they file Taxes together?
    4) Is it sufficient to be only 5 years in US and having a USC child to benefit of this proposal?
    4) Is it fair in this case to legalize only the husband and separate him from his wife and daughter?

Thanks for your help.

I think personaly that the bill in order to be fair should state "have lived for 5 years in US and worked for 2 years or have lived for 5 years in US and having US children". Raising children in US is as important for the country because it's a real work and benefit for the economy.

The ITIN and W-2 statements are proof of employment. I don't understand the part about an employer not wanting to declare an employee. By law all wages must be reported. Having a child who is a USC may help, but the law regards residence and employment. To Lisa, if we allowed residence on the basis of having children, we would see more children born to a lower-paid working class, which would cause enormous problems, just like many of the USC's on welfare who have more children to get more benefits. Children should not be a passport, and if that were part of the law, it would bring unwanted, possibly unsupportable children into the world. We need to keep existing families together and focus on the employment and economic benefits of immigration.

To Linda,If you are not legal you are not eligible to have a SSN and without a SSN you cannot work. The TIN does not allow you to work but only to pay taxes. and Employers who accept people without a SSN can pay very low salary ( 2.25 dolloas an hour)because they know you cannot have a job everywhere. It's unfair but it's life in US.
    The TIN allows you to pay taxes but not to work!!
    I have a USC child and have the obligation to feed him but I am not allowed to work according to the law but I can always pay taxes as much as I want even if I don't work. If you are also not legal, you should know that.

Linda talks as a USC far from our problems.I don't know what she does connected on this site.How can you keep the family unified if you don't allow the mother to work and force her to feed her child? and everybody know that welfare is an obstacle to future legalization process.INS will never deport any USC children because their parents have overstayed but they have to feed their children without having the right to work.