50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I130 deadline coming

Our 2 yr wait for I130 will pass beginning of Dec. Lawyer says that when the date passes that's on our receipt, they will contact TSC and they will get moving on our case. Is this true? I am sure the immigration lawyer knows what he's doing, but I am curious why TSC waits for others to contact them in order to get busy on a file.

Our 2 yr wait for I130 will pass beginning of Dec. Lawyer says that when the date passes that's on our receipt, they will contact TSC and they will get moving on our case. Is this true? I am sure the immigration lawyer knows what he's doing, but I am curious why TSC waits for others to contact them in order to get busy on a file.

Hi Diana,

Can you give more details ragarding your case. Are you/your spouse a citizen, and in US?
    As far as I know you cannot expedite the process, thats what I was told.

Mandy

Yes, I am a USC, Huzzy is waiting on I130 approval. We filed Dec 2001. Just patiently waiting it out like thousands of other families.

Diana,

So do you not even have your green card yet and you have been waiting for 2 yrs almost.
    I filed for my !-130 and have been waiting for now a yr. BCIS told us last week to expect something by end of Dec.

No green card yet, is correct. We've been waiting on I130 approval which is supposed to take 2 years, but with Texas processing, I don't see it coming. I am keeping my hopes up, though!

If I were you I would push my lawyer into checking it out. BCIS and my lawyer both told me that I would hear something within 15 months which is in 2 months. And if not then they would push the case through.
    You might want to check it out further.
    I have a friend from Canada who came and got married in TX and it took 1 yr to get green card from start to finish.