free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: INS DETENTION CENTERS

Could some some one help with this please ??
    When the INS take you to their detention centers,
    what are these look like exactely ? Are they prisons ??? What do they do with your babies if
    you have any..do you keep them with you ???
    Are you allowed to any visit ?? are you allowed to
    see your lawyer ? anyone with such kind of experience
    please help..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY

hello, all i know is that my husband in custody in SAN DIEGO detention center, he is only allowed family members to visit, wife childeren sister brother , sisters kids . i amagine if you were female in custody there not going to l;et your kids come with you. i would think they would call childerens servise's. INS is very HEARTLESS.
    My kids are 6.13.18 they can all go to see there
    dad but they all have to be on the approved listand they all need to birth cirtificate and picture id. Even my 6 yr old needs to have picture id. GOOD LUCK.

THANK YOU SO MUCH jULIE...
    YES I AM A FEMALE...MY FILE IS BEING PROCESSE TOGETHER WITH A WAIVER FOR HARDSHIP BUT WITH WHAT'S GOING ON RIGHT NOW EVERYWHERE THAT THE INS CAN JUST GO TO YR HOME AND GET YOU IF YOU ARE DENIED I AM A LITTLE WORRIED THIS MIGHT HAPPEN TO ME...AND SINCE MY USC HUSBAND TRAVELS A LOT I WORRY THIS MIGHT HAPPEN WHILE HE IS AWAY
    AND I AM HOME WITH A BABY..
    THANK YOU JULIE

Very good idea this thread.

First to let you know, it is not ie. club med. The individual is held in county jails (most of the times), the space is leased by the INS. The detainees will all be treated as severe criminals with the most unhumain procedures (the county corr. officers just follow orders from their superior). They'll all be held in the maximum security sections of teh building. There is a major lack in medical care. The non-criminal immigration detainees will be mixed with the most barbaric felons that did serious time for their serious crimes ( and believe it or not most of 'em are Cubans, Laotiens, Vietnamiens AND these latter ones will be released 'cause no treaties exist between the US and their respective countries )
    Going back to your question, YES you can have visitations (by following the procedure).
    You better hire him/her a good immigration attorney, because a court appointed attorney won't be avail. for the detainee. The reason is that the Immigration LAw doesn't provide so.
    As for keeping your baby w/ you ===> It ain't gonna happen.
    And finally, I can asure you something the detainee will suffer MAJOR PSYCHOLOGICAL TORTURE. And yes it is a punishment that is prohibited for any nation to exercise it against any individuals. And it is a VIOLATION OF ARTICLE 3, for the United Nations convention against torture.
    All I have to tell you is good luck, and may God be with you.

li da For instance, as a 32-year-old pastor of a Denver-area church in 1989, "David'' didn't expect a trip to a downtown park to end in blood, tears and thoughts of suicide.
    He didn't expect an incident that would cause him never to return to his ministry after that day and that would cause others to say he was lying about what happened.

David didn't expect to be raped.

More than seven years later, David, a Tulsan employed in professional management, still keeps his secret from friends and family. It's the kind of story that no one wants to tell -- and no one wants to hear. "Not all families are safe places to go for support,'' he said. "My family is very judgmental.''

Male rape is a secret that thousands of men nationally live with. Few ever will break their silence. Too many people wouldn't believe them if they related the experience or wouldn't look at the victim in the same light if they believed the stunning truth.

The rape of a man is an act that the public at large simply can't fathom actually happening outside of prisons. People think about crime happening around them, but how many men do you think leave their home at night worrying about being raped by another man? People just don't believe that it happens. It doesn't enter the consciousness. Experts say that this belief may be perpetuated by the fact that the rape of males -- a crime that is almost solely committed by other males -- is a practice protected by the silence observed by its victims.

A general sense of isolationism among men serves as a great injustice to many male victims. Men have forsaken many of the socially and spiritually intimate relationships forged with others in the past that would have allowed for sharing such an ordeal, he said. As males, to tell something like that to our closest friends . . . it would take an extraordinary man to tell something like that and an extraordinary man to listen to it in a compassionate way.

David, for instance, had gone to a park just outside downtown Denver to relax and read a book, he said. Surrounded by marble statues, rose gardens and children playing, he fell asleep. "It was like a utopia in the middle of everything,'' he said. He woke up as it was getting dark outside, and this utopia soon became his own personal hell.

About a block away from his car, he began walking through an area of large spruce trees. The park seemed devoid of people, he said. "I got hit in the back of the head. I thought it was a limb at first,'' he said. "I fell to my knees, and I was in a sort of fog. "Then these men came at me. I remember them as sets of clothes. I'm not sure I ever saw their faces. . . I blocked it out if I did.

"I was being forcefully held. I thought that I needed to run, but for some reason, the force or the fear, I couldn't. At first, I thought I was being robbed, but then one man stepped in front of me, and he had his pants down to his knees.''

During the next 15 minutes, David was forced to perform oral sex on one man and then both men anally raped him. A noise in the dark, wooded area caused the men to run away, he said.

David stayed where he was, thinking someone was coming. When no one did, he got up and dizzily made his way to his car, parked in a lot just 30 feet away, he said.

"I was terrified they would come back,'' he said. "I sat in my car crying. I was in so much pain, and I was bleeding. I started driving, but I didn't know where I was going. No place seemed safe.''

He went home and showered, but he knew something was wrong. "There was too much blood,'' he said.

He went to a hospital, where a doctor treated him and a social worker talked to him "but didn't know what to say,'' David said.

David called a rape crisis center, where a woman he talked to listened to his story and told him, "Real men don't get raped. If you're getting off on this, I'm just going to hang up.''

"I was devastated,'' David said. "It was the one place I thought I would find compassion and understanding.'' (He later found out that an obscene caller had been contacting the crisis center to harass volunteers with similar stories, a common problem for centers.)

His next step was to report the incident to police. After detailing the events of his rape, David said the officer "laughed and told me I must have really wanted this to happen to me.''

A second call to the rape crisis center found David talking to a male volunteer. He was the first person to believe the rape had happened and "treat me like a human being,'' David said.

"That meant everything to me. By that point, I had pretty much decided to kill myself.''

David said that for him, the cons outweighed any pros after police laughed off his credibility. "I never reported again. I felt police were saying I deserved it,'' he said.

Seven years after he was raped, David said he still lives as a "fearful man . . . less of a man than other men.'' He has a home security system but still wakes up in the night afraid. Almost everywhere he goes, he has a planned route of escape.

He goes out at night now, but he maps out the trip to the last detail. When talking to people in a public place, he rarely focuses on what they are saying, instead watching what is going on beside him and especially behind him.

"We walk around as men believing that we can take care of ourselves, but safety is an illusion,'' David said. "I can't live that illusion. I know it can be taken away.''

The rape of males was more widely recognized in ancient times. Raping defeated males was considered the special right of the victorious soldier in some societies, and was a signal of the totality of the defeat. There was a widespread belief that a male who was sexually penetrated, even if it was by forced sexual assault, thus "lost his manhood," and could no longer be a warrior or ruler. In the twentieth century, the best-known instance of this kind of humiliation occurred when the Englishman T.E. Lawrence ("Lawrence of Arabia") was captured by the Turks, who were well known for this custom, during World War I. The subsequent disruption of Lawrence's life, while a surprise to his contemporaries, can now be recognized as a typical consequence of male Rape Trauma Syndrome. Gang rape of a male was considered an ultimate form of punishment, and as such was known to the Romans, as punishment for adultery, and to the Persians and Iranians, as punishment for violation of the sanctity of the harem.

In modern times, until recently, rape of one male by another was considered rare outside of the special context of incarceration. Virtually all of the literature on rape outside of this setting assumes that the victim is female, and police did not (and usually still do not) collect statistics on "male rape."

Fear of being perceived as homosexual. However, male sexual assault has nothing to do with the sexual orientation of the attacker or the victim, just as a sexual assault does not always make the victim survivor gay or bisexual. Knowing how victims will suppress reporting being raped, criminals will sometimes rape their male victims as a sideline solely to prevent them from going to the police. They may face unsympathetic attitudes if they choose to press charges. Male victims often hear unsupportive statements from friends, family, and acquaintances. People tend to blame the victim instead of the rapist.

It is not uncommon for a male rape victim to blame himself for the rape, believing that he in some way gave permission to the rapist. Male rape victims suffer a similar fear that female rape victim's face - that people will believe the myth that they may have enjoyed being raped. Becoming sexually aroused, having an erection, or ejaculating are almost normal, involuntary physiological reactions during a sexual assault. Also, males do not have to be sexually aroused to have an erection. Some men may believe they were not raped or that they gave consent because of this. Sexual arousal does not necessarily mean there was consent. It does not mean that the victim wanted to be raped or sexually assaulted, or that the survivor enjoyed the traumatic experience.

Some assailants may try to get their victim to ejaculate because for the rapist, it symbolizes their complete sexual control over their victim's body. Since ejaculation is not always within conscious control but rather an involuntary physiological reaction, rapists frequently succeed at getting their male victims to ejaculate. This aspect of the attack is extremely stressful and confusing to the victim. In misidentifying ejaculation with ******, the victim may be bewildered by his physiological response during the sexual assault and, therefore, may be discouraged from reporting the assault for fear his sexuality may become suspect.

Another major concern facing male rape victims is society's belief that men should be able to protect themselves and, therefore, it is somehow their fault that they were raped. The experience of a rape may affect gay and heterosexual men differently. Most rape counselors point out that gay men have difficulties in their sexual and emotional relationships with other men, and think that the assault occurred because they are gay, whereas straight men often begin to question their sexual identity and are more disturbed by the sexual aspect of the assault than the violence involved.

Research indicates that the most common sites for male rape involving post-puberty victims are outdoors in remote areas and in automobiles (the latter usually involving hitchhikers). Male-on-male sexual assault usually involves penetration of the victim anally and/or orally, but may involve only genital contact, or a generally sexualized, physical attack. Gang rape is more common in cases involving male victims than those involving female victims. Also, multiple sexual acts are more likely to be demanded, weapons are more likely to be displayed and used, and physical injury is more likely to occur, with the injuries that do occur being more serious than with injured female rape victims.

pasted here the other form sorry

In NJ, at least some of the people held by the INS are actually housed in regular prisions with general inmate populations. I am not sure if that is the case for everyone or if it depends on overcrowding or case specifics. And as far as what happens to your children, I have no idea.

But as you can see, being detained by the INS is the same as being detained by law enforcement WITHOUT THE SAME RIGHTS! They do not even have to inform or confirm to anyone that they are holding you. And for that matter, as we see after Sept. 11, they can hold you for a VERY long time in this way. There are still many people being held, without action, without notification to family over a year later.

In short - don't mess with the INS! They could end up being your 'worse nightmare' BY FAR!

I should also mention that they do NOT have to let you see your lawyer at all. They don't even have to let him/her know that you have been detained nor do they have to answer if asked. Once detained by the INS, you no longer have ANY rights afforded to legal residents or citizens. None of that 'right to remain silent', or 'right to a phone call' you see on Law and Order. A serial killer has far more rights than someone detained by the INS.

This doesn't mean that the INS treats all people detained in this manner but they can if they feel it is warranted (or just if they feel like it). They don't even have to have a strong case against you. The assumption is that of guilt not innocence and the onus is on you to prove innocence (a pretty hard thing to do when locked in a cell with no access to anything)...

Even America has a LOT of room for improvement in the area of Human Rights!

The rape thing...very interesting, I didn't know though that our husbands could be raped even outside prisons...hehe