ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: we are domed, I missed up on K-1 visa

Hi All,
    I was to a friend about the K-1 Faincee visa I-129
    we were going over the forms of the packet 3
    DS-156K and the DS-156 (BNK supplement)
    He told me I needed to list my Thai girlfriends son on all of the applications.
    I told him that I didnt list her son because
    she doesn't have custody, doesn't see him.

He told me that it doesn't mater she had a child
    and I should have listed him anyway??

My girlfriend did tell me when we first meet that she did have a son, but has nothing to do with him not by choice.Again she doesn't have custody, doesn't see him.

I don't know what to do at this point we are do to hear from the INS within the next few weeks if the application that I sent in has been approved or denied.

I guess we are domed now because I didn't list her son?

Can anyone "HELP"

paulc31

Hi All,
    I was to a friend about the K-1 Faincee visa I-129
    we were going over the forms of the packet 3
    DS-156K and the DS-156 (BNK supplement)
    He told me I needed to list my Thai girlfriends son on all of the applications.
    I told him that I didnt list her son because
    she doesn't have custody, doesn't see him.

He told me that it doesn't mater she had a child
    and I should have listed him anyway??

My girlfriend did tell me when we first meet that she did have a son, but has nothing to do with him not by choice.Again she doesn't have custody, doesn't see him.

I don't know what to do at this point we are do to hear from the INS within the next few weeks if the application that I sent in has been approved or denied.

I guess we are domed now because I didn't list her son?

Can anyone "HELP"

paulc31

Sorry for the double post I didnt see my first post

SORRY
    paulc31

No, I don't think you are doomed, even if you should have listed the son. My understanding is that the main reason to list such a son would be if they are planning to immigrate with your fiancee (using a K-2 visa). As long as that is not going to happen (and it sounds like it is not an issue for your fiancee, since she does not see her son), I don't think it will be a problem for her to get a visa. I doubt the application will be rejected because of this, although your fiancee should probably correct this mistake at her visa interview (she should just explain that she doesn't have anything to do with her son and did not think she needed to list him since he will not be traveling with her at this time).

Although your fiance does not have custody of her son or does not see him. Still it would be better to write to BCIS to correct the petition. Even if, her son is not coming now, but in future she can sponsor him any time to bring him here.
    Even you had not listed her son in the original petition, still you can enter his name. Otherwise, in future there will be a problem to bring her son any time.
    You, your fiance or your fiance petition is not in jeopardy.
    Good luck.

Hi Umesh Passi,
    Let me get this right I need to right a letter with a expaimation why i didnt list son, and list her son on the DS-156K and the Ds-156 (BNKsupplement)forms, am I correct?

What do I say on the letter?

Thanks
    paulc31

It doesn't make sense that a mentally normal woman would not "anything to do" with "it", the son. That sounds suspicious not only to me...

I very much feel (and hope) that such a fraudalent marriage you two are intending will be complicated by the fact that she's not living up to her parental responsiblities (if it's by choice). I believe you said it was not by her choice though, so, again, all of this sounds very suspicious: it takes a very con person or a very desperate one to leave child and family behind to come to a new country. Sorry to tell you that it's not your D**** she's coming for.

My aggravation and pre-judice aside, I have read of a few cases there adjudication to permanent residency or naturalization was denied because the persons (all male) had never previously mentioned of having offspring (affiliated or otherwise).

I heard someplace that it's an absolute must that you disclose the child on the application. Coming or not. I think it would be in your best interest to correct this ASAP.

Good luck and I hope that everything works out for you two.

Jenny

Hi dontmakeSense,
    Let me just say that my girlfriend loves her son very much. What is a person to do when after having a baby, the father of that child takes it away from you? can you answer that for me.

That why she doesn't have custody, and CANT see him.

let me add this for you. The father of the child doesn't live in the same country