50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Citizenship and DUI

A friend of mine asked me a question regarding Citizenship and DUI. She is a Citizen, her husband is a perm.res.alien. He has gotten arrested and finger printed 2 times for DUI. She said that the first arrest was about 2 years ago and his attorney plead it down to an illegal left turn because he was under the limit and the judge couldn't charge him with being intoxicated. That was before they lowered the percentile. Then, about 3 months ago, he got another she didn't tell me how much he read but, she said that he had given a friend a ride home after work. They drank 2 beer each because that is all there was. He went home soon after to drive to his house. They were planning on filing Citizenship documents for him, but everyone tells them that he should not even try. That non-Citizens will be denied Citizenship, but only after spending all the money on fees etc. which is non-refundable and that they also risk being deported. Is this so? I think that it is wrong. Especially if the guy paid his dues and fines. Why should they have to be punished yet more for mistakes that Citizens commit daily. Who ever can honestly answer this question. I would appreciate a response. thanks a lot. Hope it's good news. I'd be interested to know myself.

A friend of mine asked me a question regarding Citizenship and DUI. She is a Citizen, her husband is a perm.res.alien. He has gotten arrested and finger printed 2 times for DUI. She said that the first arrest was about 2 years ago and his attorney plead it down to an illegal left turn because he was under the limit and the judge couldn't charge him with being intoxicated. That was before they lowered the percentile. Then, about 3 months ago, he got another she didn't tell me how much he read but, she said that he had given a friend a ride home after work. They drank 2 beer each because that is all there was. He went home soon after to drive to his house. They were planning on filing Citizenship documents for him, but everyone tells them that he should not even try. That non-Citizens will be denied Citizenship, but only after spending all the money on fees etc. which is non-refundable and that they also risk being deported. Is this so? I think that it is wrong. Especially if the guy paid his dues and fines. Why should they have to be punished yet more for mistakes that Citizens commit daily. Who ever can honestly answer this question. I would appreciate a response. thanks a lot. Hope it's good news. I'd be interested to know myself.

If DUI is considered felony in your state, yes, there's a possibility the citizenship application will be denied based on that fact. I'm not 100% sure about deportation though. I think that it is possible, although the likelihood is pretty small IMO.

This person is probably okay. DUI is not an CMT.