50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Lost and Broken Hearted

Like many before me, I am losing my Korean wife. We have been married for 2 years and 4 months. She came to america 21 months ago The day she got her 1 year extension on the i-751 she moved out. I am devasted to say the least. She is allready dating someone. Met her in Korea when I was working over there. Life in Korea with her for 18 months was wonderfull. Her family and friends took me in, we had a beautifull wedding and I was extatic. I still love her this moment the same as first meeting her. My parents loved her, everybody did. First in America things were hard. She had no friends, no drivers liscence, no real job. She was miserable. Then things moved up, Got her liscence and a nice car. Things were falling into place but she was missing people of her own kind. We found a Korean community that hung out in a Korean restaurant/ nightclub. This is when it went down hill. She started drinking heavily and getting angry at me for the smallest things. She was absorbed into this little circle of friends. I was also invited into this group and up to recently I honestly thought they were my friends too. Now I am the one being laughed at. I did everything I could to make it work and now its over. I gave up my friends, put distance between my family and overlooked alot of what was going on. I loved her so much and thought this was just a phase to go thru. Thats what everyone told me it was. and then there here is also economics to consider. We have nice house, nice cars, yada yada yada. At the moment I believe she needs me to complete her resident status. This may be the only thing saving me from losing what I have worked so hard for the last 10 years. There has been much stress in my life the last 18 months or so and I should be happy its over. I am not. I love her so much I could cry.

Like many before me, I am losing my Korean wife. We have been married for 2 years and 4 months. She came to america 21 months ago The day she got her 1 year extension on the i-751 she moved out. I am devasted to say the least. She is allready dating someone. Met her in Korea when I was working over there. Life in Korea with her for 18 months was wonderfull. Her family and friends took me in, we had a beautifull wedding and I was extatic. I still love her this moment the same as first meeting her. My parents loved her, everybody did. First in America things were hard. She had no friends, no drivers liscence, no real job. She was miserable. Then things moved up, Got her liscence and a nice car. Things were falling into place but she was missing people of her own kind. We found a Korean community that hung out in a Korean restaurant/ nightclub. This is when it went down hill. She started drinking heavily and getting angry at me for the smallest things. She was absorbed into this little circle of friends. I was also invited into this group and up to recently I honestly thought they were my friends too. Now I am the one being laughed at. I did everything I could to make it work and now its over. I gave up my friends, put distance between my family and overlooked alot of what was going on. I loved her so much and thought this was just a phase to go thru. Thats what everyone told me it was. and then there here is also economics to consider. We have nice house, nice cars, yada yada yada. At the moment I believe she needs me to complete her resident status. This may be the only thing saving me from losing what I have worked so hard for the last 10 years. There has been much stress in my life the last 18 months or so and I should be happy its over. I am not. I love her so much I could cry.

sorry to hear your problems, Lost, did you two try to work things out? Are you talking to her the way you found an outlet in this forum? She may not be aware of your pain, and you may not be aware what's really bothering her. She may have some disillusionments since moving to the U.S. which is very common for immigrants in the first few years. Try to help eachother, but most importantly make sure that she does not use substances (such as alcohol) to numb herself from conflict resolution! Good luck!

lost, i feel that it was so hard for you, but God knows and who knows right?. i know that it was common to some immgrants here but how about some immigrants that has a good intention? are they need to treat the same way that they are tretings to many?. don't waste your time for that kind of korian women and don't support her anymore coz she is not disereved but don't try to treat someone others like what her doing. i feel that you are nice and you don't diserved what she have done to you. and lucky for her because she never ever had experience like mine. i'm in a good intention and now what happened to me?. but i don't give up my life and i was still here to fight my life. but still lucky coz i found my true love. people are all differents. don't give up and don't forget to pray to God he will just giving you trial. BE ALWAYS HAPPY!! and soon you will find your true life....

I'm so sorry to hear that. Your wife sounds very unapperciated just like my husband. I'm married to american for 5 years and been swalloying the pain for years. Been treated with no respect, like a fool and unapperciated husband. But well, with many prayers and it might helps you finding the right one.Goodluck.