50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: loosing my husband cuz he wasnt born here!!

my husband came over from mexico with out permission , he obtained a fake ss# and a fake green card and has been with me now for 7 years it has just been discoverd by his boss of 3 years that his soicial security card is not good...he is loosing his job and the immigration says that we cant apply for a green card for him now because he came over without permission....what can i do we are married but we cant afford a lawyer.....

my husband came over from mexico with out permission , he obtained a fake ss# and a fake green card and has been with me now for 7 years it has just been discoverd by his boss of 3 years that his soicial security card is not good...he is loosing his job and the immigration says that we cant apply for a green card for him now because he came over without permission....what can i do we are married but we cant afford a lawyer.....

Your best bet would have been to file before the 245i Family act went out. Its too late for that now, and there is no way to adjust his status while staying in the U.S. now. He would have to lay low until(if) the law changes again. I am sorry for your troubles, but he will probably have to return to his country and apply from there, or you can apply for him here. But he would have to be in his home country. Sorry.

Yeah... the best you can do is let him go back to mexico.. as soon as you can fill the Fiance visa petition... so you can get him back soon

INS is to way sensitive if you came to this country illigaly (wet-back or whatever) would be lot easier if he got a visa, even if it was expired.

I belive the fiance visa can take up to 6months.. so hurry up !

Beeing a mexican he would need to be working for the same company at least 1 year before he could be able to apply for a visitor visa (unless he got a lot of money) and this is if he lives close the border (Monterrey, Chihuahua, Baja California, Reynosa and/or Sonora) if he is from south mexico... would be way hard to get a visitor visa.

So send them back before they do that... because if he is deported (and just if he gaves his real name) there is no way to bring him bak, even with fiance visa !

Hope this help ! Good luck !

Alien?

Hey, don't feel bad. My honey was a legal resident for the past 14 years and one day he was crossing the Port of Entry and Immigration claimed he had 42 lbs. of marijuana. He was never given a trial or a plead. Immigration Judge heard the evidence that Immigration had and deterimined that this individual would no longer live in this country. So to sum it up, until we start taking a stand for our rights, hey you and I may be deportable too. Look, write to you Congressman and let your voice be heard.

Hey, don't feel bad. My honey was a legal resident for the past 14 years and one day he was crossing the Port of Entry and Immigration claimed he had 42 lbs. of marijuana. He was never given a trial or a plead. Immigration Judge heard the evidence that Immigration had and deterimined that this individual would no longer live in this country. So to sum it up, until we start taking a stand for our rights, hey you and I may be deportable too (American Citizens, but Hispanic)Look, write to you Congressman and let your voice be heard. For the mean time pray and good luck, I too am looking for solutions.

What your husband did was pretty serioius. Not only did he come here illegally, he commited fraud by using a fake ss card.

I am going to save my personal judgments....

But being objective,

he should remain in the country. If he leaves, he will be inadmissiable for at least 10 years. The fiance & immigrant visas will not help him because they ask the question, did you use misrepresentation.

If they say he is deportable, he can try to appeal it, but I do not know if this is possible.

I suggest an excellent, not a good, attorney.And also you better hope that they put in a new 245 act soon. This mostly likely will be the only way he is forgiven.

Goodluck!

I am in the same situation, however we are not married yet. My fiance is from Guatemala and came here illegally, never inpected or documentated.
    We have consulted an immigration attoreny and they told us is that going back to a counrty of orgin and appling for a fiance visa is the WORST thing that you can do. If that is done, on the application for a fiance visa from the counrty of orgin they will ask if they have ever been in the USA. Of course they will say "NO" becuase they have no proff and came here illegaly. IF INS FINDS OUT THAT THEY WERE HERE ILLEGALLY, THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COME EVER, LEGALLY AT LEAST. Your husband had left a paper trail throughout his time here and INS can easily prove that it was him even with a fake SS#. If he has ever register a car, paid excise tax, gotten pulled over by the police for anything. And now with all the new secutrity INS now runs fingerprints with the FBI, so if he ever had them taken, there is no way to fake that.
    I have done a lot of reserch trying to find a way to keep my fiance here legally through our marriage and there is not one right now. It is true the best thing that you can do is lay low and hope that they reinstate the 245I or that some other law comes along that might help your situation.

I know it is of no help, but good luck, I am right there beside you!

USC

PS

the best thing to do is write to your Representatives and Congressmen and let them know that immigration laws including the 245I not only affect the immigrant but also their constituents. I do it once every month! You never know it might help!!

The best thing you could do is to find a new husband and dump the Guatemalan