50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: INS Campaign Seeks Out Applicants for LIFE Legalization Benefits

INS announced a public outreach program campaign to encourage thousands of eligible individuals to file applications that could adjust their status in the United States to that of permanent residents. End of INS Statement.

The strange thing people who already applied and done with their interview never got anything even after one year from the date of the their interview. I can't understand the INS. Good Luck even if the good luck will never come one day.

INS announced a public outreach program campaign to encourage thousands of eligible individuals to file applications that could adjust their status in the United States to that of permanent residents. End of INS Statement.

The strange thing people who already applied and done with their interview never got anything even after one year from the date of the their interview. I can't understand the INS. Good Luck even if the good luck will never come one day.

That's excatly my point that they can hold their press conference all day long but unless they start approving these cases, no one is going to buy their crap. People are affraid and they don't want to come forward.

When and Where were you interviewed? if you like please share.

I applied for Life legalization Nine months ago at Los Angeles INS office, I'm still waiting for my interview letter, But I read in this portal about people who had their interview a year ago and still their cases not approved yet, which gives me the feeling that INS not serious about approving these case even after the congress passed the Life Act.

I believe it is because the officers don't want
    to approve them but are afraid to start denying them b/c clearly Congress intended that they be approved. In other words, the INS is asking for proof of residence that is impossible for people to get so they don't want to approve. Good luck.

I agree. When I interviewed at the INS office in San Jose, the officer told me that they were told to not issue "Intent to Deny." Yet, he was not satisfied with my proof of residence between 1981-1988 - I had school records. At one point, he accused me of lying and said that I wasn't really here before 1982. It has been over 6 months since my interview, and I still don't have a decision on my case.

Hopefully, in conjunction with the campaign, INS headquarters will instruct the district offices to issue approvals.

I don't know how the INS expects a person to have a very strong evidence or a lot of evidence before 22 years, in order to approve his/her Life case. most people were here illegally and without a social security card, they can't open a bank, telephone/Gas account. Back in 1987/88-amnesty period the INS accepted and approved a case with minimum evidence, now after 22years left, they want strong evidence which impossible for most people to come up with.
    I think most Life Legalization cases will go back to court, in order for the INS to start approving them.