50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Employment-based GC / EAD

I understand that BCIS processes I-140 petitions first and then continues to check AOS's (I-485 petitions).

What happens with EAD (Forms I-765) filed at the same time with these two forms (I-140 and I-485)? My question specifically refers to the processing time for EAD, Will I have to wait until I-140 is approved or it could be issued before that happens?

Thanks for your help

I understand that BCIS processes I-140 petitions first and then continues to check AOS's (I-485 petitions).

What happens with EAD (Forms I-765) filed at the same time with these two forms (I-140 and I-485)? My question specifically refers to the processing time for EAD, Will I have to wait until I-140 is approved or it could be issued before that happens?

Thanks for your help

SAME AS YOURS, MY LAWYER FILED MY I-140,I-485 AND I-765 (EAD) ALL TOGETHER AT THE SAME TIME, ON THE RECEIPT NOTICE OF MY 1-765
    THE PROCESSING TIME IS BETWEEN 60 TO 90 DAYS FROM THE DATE THEY ISSUED THE RECEIPT NOTICE FORM/RECEIVED MY APPLICATION FORM FOR EAD(SAME DATE THEY RECEIVED MY I-140 & I-485).AFTER 90 DAYS YOU DON'T RECEIVED YOUR EAD YOU CAN DO TWO THINGS #1. CALL NCS 1-800-375-5283 TO REQUEST FOR A STATUS INQUIRY OR #2. GO TO YOUR LOCAL BCIS OFFICE AND REQUEST FOR A TEMPORARY WORKING PERMIT, OR YOU CAN DO BOTH (I DID BOTH) . THIS IS BASE ON MY OWN EXPERIENCE.

BY THE WAY MY I-140 WAS APPROVED AT EXACTLY 100 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF FILING.

Thanks al_2003.

Your I-140 was approved pretty quick... good for you.

Regarding that, since processing times vary from region to region, may I ask when and where you sent your application? I just want to have an idea of how long mine can take.