50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Problems at TSC.

Officials of the BCIS's Texas Service Center recently met with members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and commented on several matters of importance to the public including the following:

- EB-5 petitions filed at the TSC are on hold until regulations are issued based on the 21st Century Department of Justice Appropriations Act. The TSC remains backlogged in these cases all the way back to March 1999.

- The TSC will accept a hard copy print out from the BCIS Case Status Service Online page in lieu of an I-797 receipt or approval notice for I-140 employment based green card application when applying for adjustment of status or a related application. The names of the parties need to be typed on the copy.

- The TSC responded to AILA's complaint that address changes for attorneys and applicants are not being properly entered into the computer system and cases are getting delayed or even denied because of the problem. The TSC indicated that they are very close to announcing the availability of a special PO box for notification of address changes and attorney changes.

- The TSC still has not fingerprinted 5,000 applicants for adjustment of status applications filed in 2001

- The TSC is blaming a slowdown in processing all cases on a March 2003 deadline for processing Temporary Protected Status cases.

AILA members can access the report via AILA's Infonet at www.aila.org

Officials of the BCIS's Texas Service Center recently met with members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and commented on several matters of importance to the public including the following:

- EB-5 petitions filed at the TSC are on hold until regulations are issued based on the 21st Century Department of Justice Appropriations Act. The TSC remains backlogged in these cases all the way back to March 1999.

- The TSC will accept a hard copy print out from the BCIS Case Status Service Online page in lieu of an I-797 receipt or approval notice for I-140 employment based green card application when applying for adjustment of status or a related application. The names of the parties need to be typed on the copy.

- The TSC responded to AILA's complaint that address changes for attorneys and applicants are not being properly entered into the computer system and cases are getting delayed or even denied because of the problem. The TSC indicated that they are very close to announcing the availability of a special PO box for notification of address changes and attorney changes.

- The TSC still has not fingerprinted 5,000 applicants for adjustment of status applications filed in 2001

- The TSC is blaming a slowdown in processing all cases on a March 2003 deadline for processing Temporary Protected Status cases.

AILA members can access the report via AILA's Infonet at www.aila.org

The TSC is behind every other center in processing I-130 and I-129F as well. If I had been able to file at another center, I would already be with my husband!! It seems unfair that applicants using the TSC should have to wait longer than others able to file elsewhere.

Vermont is the slowest

hi! my ND is sept. 2002 with a note that the processing time will be between 175-200 days. when i checked the case status online after 200 days I noticed that they changed the processing time again. now its 275-300. THIS IS UNFAIR. and WORSE. Imagine it will take 10 months before an I-140 be approved.

I hope BCIS is doing something on this.....