50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: someone please help very urgent

My fiance and I met 2 yrs ago when he was here on a student exchange visa. he was married last year and after being married the lady quit her job started drinking heavily and lost her kids. So in this situation there was no way to recieve his GC. She just filed for divorce and we were going to get married as soon as possible. The problem is that while she and him were seperated he had a brief relationship with someone that he works with. She is pregnant now and was first to say that the child wasnt his then it was then it was between 2 other men. Now since she has heard that we were going to be married she has decided that she wants to be with him now and is threatening to call immigration on him and try and get him deported. So my ? is that if we were to get married and she does call immigration on him will he run the likelyhood of being deported? We are really sad about this and need someone's help asap!!! I used to think that love would conquer all but I guess it won't. Now my kids love him and he is so scared of being deported that we are going to loose the greatest love ever and over jealousy. PLEASE HELP US!!!!

My fiance and I met 2 yrs ago when he was here on a student exchange visa. he was married last year and after being married the lady quit her job started drinking heavily and lost her kids. So in this situation there was no way to recieve his GC. She just filed for divorce and we were going to get married as soon as possible. The problem is that while she and him were seperated he had a brief relationship with someone that he works with. She is pregnant now and was first to say that the child wasnt his then it was then it was between 2 other men. Now since she has heard that we were going to be married she has decided that she wants to be with him now and is threatening to call immigration on him and try and get him deported. So my ? is that if we were to get married and she does call immigration on him will he run the likelyhood of being deported? We are really sad about this and need someone's help asap!!! I used to think that love would conquer all but I guess it won't. Now my kids love him and he is so scared of being deported that we are going to loose the greatest love ever and over jealousy. PLEASE HELP US!!!!

I might also add that he came here 2 yrs ago on a exchange student visa returned before his visa expired came back again and then got married thinking that this woman was the right one for him. He has been in no trouble and we do not live in a large city. I have read that sometimes things like that are to be taken into consideration. His ex wife has just filed for divorce and we were planning to get married as soon as it was final. but this girl who is pregnant wants him to come to her now or she will call immigration on him. If we were to get married anyway and the kid turns out to be his then he has no problem paying child support to this lady.

Is he even here legally? He may not have received his green card, but I am assuming that he began the application process when he came to the States. How did he come? Did he overstay? etc. etc. etc.

Oh and even if he is there illegally, it is very unlikely (not impossible, but unlikely) that immigration would respond to a tattle tail call -they are too disorganized and too busy with other things.

Frankly, if she can reach someone, perhaps you could share the number with us, as so many people here would really like to talk to someone in the immigration offices.

He was here legally and now that the divorce has been filed he is until it becomes final as far as I know. He came as a summer exchange student through the work and travel program. I am telling him the same thing that you have said but of course I am bias Thanks

He hasn't recieved his residency yet and wouldn't if he would have stayed married to her. She quit working and blah blah. But I fear that if he does marry this girl just for her to not call immigration he wont get his residency either.

I think that marrying anyone for immigration reasons is a bad idea. Expecially, if that person is threatening him. If he is legally here, he is legally here, and even if immigration took a personal interest in the case and wanted to deport him or cause him problems of some type, it would be very difficult. If he will truly lose his status once they are divorced, then make sure that he will leave the country or re-obtain status within the next 6 months so that there is no chance that an overstay bar will be applicable.

Also, it sounds like he has made some bad decisions in the past regarding relationships. It might be wise for you two to date a while longer before deciding to marry... depending on how long he has been here he may have options to stay even without being married. You may also want to check for informationon student and/or work visas.... or even the possibility of him returning to his country temporarily to await a fiance visa.

I would think it would be nice for him if he could obtain residency or stay in the country without having to rely on you for this benefit, then nobody could say he was marrying you for a green card. Of course, if you truly love him AND think that this will work, because your lives are heading in the same direction, you have the same style in fights, and want the same number of children, etc. etc. etc., and there is no way for him to stay without re-marrying, go for it. I wish you all the luck and happiness in the world.

But you have nothing to worry about from the crazy X and there is nothing that she can do while he is legal. If he insists on marrying (or even dating her), regardless of the fact that he is currently legal, you may want to question his motivation....

If you really want to be with this guy, invest in a brief consultation or call a few lawyers to save yourself future problems (there are a lot of intricacies and you don't want anything to go wrong that woudl affect the rest of your life!)

Thanks so much for your reply. I have thought about everything that you have said Thanks again for the advice!