publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Mohan, Umesh, plz second opinion needed from u guys for my olympic dreams

Mr. Andrew Dutton has helped me with this too but i would still like second and third opinions if i can from u guys on my situation as my interview date is getting closer.I lived in the united states illegally from the age of 8-18. However i left it to become a permanent resident in Canada Now i am 20 and will get my citizenship here in Canada in 1 year. I need to travel to the united states now for just 4 days for a international martial arts tournament. When i lived in the USA i became a national champion and 3 time maryland state champion. All this when i was illegal. However the law says that minors age of 18 and under are an exception to the rule and are not considered illegal until they become older than 18. I left America when i turned 18 to come to Canada. However it was when i was 18 and 8 months old..not 6 months..i didnt know u couldnt go over 180 days or if there was such a rule. I went to 240 days.My birthday is in april so i did not want to stay till i turned 19. thus left at the earliest i could in december but without knowing about the 18 and 6 month rule.Do u think they would still bar me for 3 years or can i present a good case and how can i sir? do you think it will be possible for them to just let me reenter for 4 days? i mean i will have my plane tickets and all too to prove i am going and coming back and also my trounament registration showing i am competing at this int'l tournament. I have booked an appointment here in toronto with the US consulate. I will definitely be coming back to Toronto, Canada for i have two jobs here and am a full time university student. I still have 3 more years left of university so they definitly have no reason to suspect that i will stay in USA. I didnt live there illegally due to my own free will. The tournament is Oct 16-19. My interview with US consulate is september 23 and i definitely will have all the documents to show my ties to canada and know the best way to present my case. So is there any chance they will let me reenter? I am trying to make the Canadian olympic team and need to compete at this tournament in Texas to make my chances greater to make the olympics. If anyone can help me i will appreciate it. Thank u.

Mr. Andrew Dutton has helped me with this too but i would still like second and third opinions if i can from u guys on my situation as my interview date is getting closer.I lived in the united states illegally from the age of 8-18. However i left it to become a permanent resident in Canada Now i am 20 and will get my citizenship here in Canada in 1 year. I need to travel to the united states now for just 4 days for a international martial arts tournament. When i lived in the USA i became a national champion and 3 time maryland state champion. All this when i was illegal. However the law says that minors age of 18 and under are an exception to the rule and are not considered illegal until they become older than 18. I left America when i turned 18 to come to Canada. However it was when i was 18 and 8 months old..not 6 months..i didnt know u couldnt go over 180 days or if there was such a rule. I went to 240 days.My birthday is in april so i did not want to stay till i turned 19. thus left at the earliest i could in december but without knowing about the 18 and 6 month rule.Do u think they would still bar me for 3 years or can i present a good case and how can i sir? do you think it will be possible for them to just let me reenter for 4 days? i mean i will have my plane tickets and all too to prove i am going and coming back and also my trounament registration showing i am competing at this int'l tournament. I have booked an appointment here in toronto with the US consulate. I will definitely be coming back to Toronto, Canada for i have two jobs here and am a full time university student. I still have 3 more years left of university so they definitly have no reason to suspect that i will stay in USA. I didnt live there illegally due to my own free will. The tournament is Oct 16-19. My interview with US consulate is september 23 and i definitely will have all the documents to show my ties to canada and know the best way to present my case. So is there any chance they will let me reenter? I am trying to make the Canadian olympic team and need to compete at this tournament in Texas to make my chances greater to make the olympics. If anyone can help me i will appreciate it. Thank u.

Can someone please give me advice. Mohan, Umesh...anyone please. Duddy i dont know what ur link as suppose to actually do. Was it supposed to help me out in any way..lol. But please someone if u can do help me with my situation. Thank you.

get on a plane,go to mexico,cross the border,with the rest of them, and rent a car. go to your karate tournment and have a good time,hope you win. After your finished,take the car back,get back in mexico,and fly home. problem solved,no papers,no bull **** and you will accomplish your goal

thanks kk. i did think about going and doing that but i want to do it the right way and what if i cant get thru the border thru mexico. It is still left to chance right. I just rather find out information on my chacnes for doing it the right way and entering US thru the whole process of getting my temporary visa thru the interview. So i guess i rather leave it up to chance in this situation instead of crossing from mexico.If any one else can plz help me wiht my situation please help.

I think you've got a legitamate reason to your claims and I hope you'll be fine for your tournament. The possibility that you may not receive entrance is there too though, since you're in a real gray zone and may be indeed inadmissable for 3 years (it may depend on days or weeks if you're eligable for a waiver of inadmissiable or not or if you don't even need that!). It will all depend on how you present your case and your national/religious background. Good luck!

thanks advice2. yes i will definitely present my case well and have all the documentation with me to show that i am an athlete and that i am coming back to canada. as for the relgious/national background...i am muslim and was born in pakistan so yes that automatically is a negative for me i guess. sad what this world has come to but oh well ill fight it anyway and see what happens. thank u very much though.