free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Life Legalization / CSS /LULAC Interview

My Life Legalization interview will be in Feb 18 2003. My question to the people who already went through the Life Interview, what the INS officer ask you in the interview, What the INS look for, what kind of document should I bring with me to the interview, I appreciate any feedbacks form you and hopefully your ideas will help everyone going through his or her Life
    interview.

My Life Legalization interview will be in Feb 18 2003. My question to the people who already went through the Life Interview, what the INS officer ask you in the interview, What the INS look for, what kind of document should I bring with me to the interview, I appreciate any feedbacks form you and hopefully your ideas will help everyone going through his or her Life
    interview.

Carlose,

My interview is schedule for end of March but I would suggest that you take any or all documents that can prove that you were here before 1982. During the interview they can ask you about anything. For instance, how and when did you enter the US. Where and when have to traveled outside U.S. They can ask you questions regarding any documents that you might have submitted. In my interview letter, they indicated tax returns for last 3 years(with w-2), pay stubs,letter of employment. Make sure that you have everything that they asked for in ther interview letter. I hope that your interview goes well. Good Luck and do let us know how it goes. Take Care.

Don't you think guys it is better to hire a lawyer to attend the interview with the Life applicant. Without a lawyer I don't think the INS officer will approve the case, or he might keep it pending forever

I had my Life Legalization Interview at Miami INS office on Jan 2003, The INS officer ask for evidence since 1981, I gave him a credit card statements, W-2, work record and IRS tax record from 1981-1988. Then he ask me how I did enter the last time, I told him as a student visa, then he ask me for a college transcripts and an I-20 which I don't have at that moment, then he told me he will not take a decision in my case until I give him a copy of my I-20 and college transcript.
    My question what the I-20 and the college transcript have to do with Life Legalization or why the INS officer asks me for them?

Two things are very important for These cases. Under the SOP( standard operating procedure) Officer must get information and proof.
    1) The proof of Physical stay within the country.
    2) How the alien entered, Any kind of Proof of entry ,if alien entered by boder croosing or without inspection then a record statment .
    There are other minor proofs required.
    For Ex: If there are any departure and re entry ,if yes then evidence.
    You mentioned you entered as F1 Which is on the record. You have to submit evidence. You can get copy from the college, if possible.

Najwa:

The INS officer asked you for two simple things, if you don't have it, you can easily get it from the school you attended. Do you have your passport with F-1 visa stamped. Did you give him the correct information, I mean if you told him that you came on student visa and attended college and if that's all he is asking, I don't see any problem with that. My concern is that you have your tax record from 1981 to 1988. Were you working legally during that time because LIFE members were suppose to be out of status during that time frame.
    Good luck and give us some more info if you like.

I was working illegally without work authorization from 81-89, but I did fill for taxes.

Border. Crossing.

Najwa:

Your case should be pretty simple. Most people in Legalization case are having trouble providing evidence that they were here between 1981-1988. You have your tax returns, what else do they want.

I don't know why he asked about the school records and I-20 but I hope that you will be able to provide that info so that he can approve your case.
    Best of luck to you and keep us posted.

Mohan:

It's the advise that matters, who cares about the spelling or grammar.
    Regards.