free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VAWA - please advise

I'm entangled in an abusive relationship with my wife who is a US citizen. I'm looking at filing a VAWA petition. Following is the evidence I have gathered:

Evidence of abuse:
    1. Texts/emails from my wife showing sexual humiliation and financial abuse
    2. Letter from my therapist
    3. Affidavits from 2 friends
    4. My own affidavit (15 pages)
    5. Medical report showing high blood pressure around the time of the abuse

Evidence of good faith marriage/joint residence:
    1. Joint rental agreement
    2. Joint bank account
    3. Joint car insurance
    4. Medical/dental/vision insurances through my job on which she is listed as dependent
    5. Rental insurance
    6. Cable/internet bill
    7. Emails during our courtship

Evidence to show I am married to US citizen:
    1. Her birth certificate
    2. Our marriage certificate
    3. Her divorce decree from previous marriage

Evidence of good moral character:
    1. Local police reports I can get

Based on this evidence, what do you think my chances of approval are? Have any men gotten approved without showing physical abuse or police reports? Is there anything else I can do to strengthen my case?

I'm entangled in an abusive relationship with my wife who is a US citizen. I'm looking at filing a VAWA petition. Following is the evidence I have gathered:

Evidence of abuse:

2. Joint bank account
    3. Joint car insurance
    4. Medical/dental/vision insurances through my job on which she is listed as dependent
    5. Rental insurance
    6. Cable/internet bill

1. Her birth certificate

Based on this evidence, what do you think my chances of approval are? Have any men gotten approved without showing physical abuse or police reports? Is there anything else I can do to strengthen my case?

You have no chance in hell of getting this approved. Just go home it hasn't worked out for you. Wava is for women not men you sissy!

Yes, you have a good chance. Do you have any reports of the cops coming to your house for domestic violence (immigration will ask for that), also get affidavits from friends of both you guys. WAVA have been used for men as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by victimofabuse:

Evidence of abuse:

2. Joint bank account
    3. Joint car insurance
    5. Rental insurance
    6. Cable/internet bill

1. Her birth certificate

Based on this evidence, what do you think my chances of approval are? Have any men gotten approved without showing physical abuse or police reports? Is there anything else I can do to strengthen my case? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello and welcome to the forum

How long have you been married? Have you and the wife filed paperwork for adjustment of status yet? If so, are you waiting for an interview for the conditional greencard?

Answer these questions and I will give you my opinion.

I have been married about 6 months. I filed paperwork for AOS about 2 months ago and waiting for the interview letter.

To Tess: There was no physical abuse and no police involvement.

Without the police reports you have little chance. It is virtually impossible to prove so called sexual hulimation. You will be hard pushed to prove financial abuse as well. I notice you don't mention joint tax returns in your list of things to prove for genuine marriage??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by victimofabuse:
    I have been married about 6 months. I filed paperwork for AOS about 2 months ago and waiting for the interview letter.

To Tess: There was no physical abuse and no police involvement. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

forget Vawa or any other fast track to green card methods.

Wait for your interview and receive your conditional greencard. Do not bring up abuse issues at that time.

If the "so called abuse " continues after you get the conditional greencard, then file I-751 to remove conditions based on abuse. Keep documentation from before and after conditional greencard to file with the removal of the conditions. Continue with your therapist.

I will assume that you are an overstay because it is hard for me to understand that if the marriage is not working out for you at only 6 months, as to why you do not just get a divorce and return to your country of origin. What other reason would you have to stay here otherwise

Keep the ongoing facts and

Wait for your

Evidence of abuse:

2. Joint bank account
    3. Joint car insurance
    5. Rental insurance
    6. Cable/internet bill

1. Her birth certificate

Based on this evidence, what do you think my chances of approval are? Have any men gotten approved without showing physical abuse or police reports? Is there anything else I can do to strengthen my case? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you can.
    Tell your wife that you want to teach her some boxing lessons. Explain to her that in order to give a good estimate of her potential boxing talents you need her to hit you in the face (preferrably on your nose) as hard as she can.
    As she keeps hitting you demand her to hit harder. Continue this until your eyes get swollen, nose starts bleeding and etc.
    Once you get to that point go to doctor and get very good evidence of severe physical trauma. If she later claims it was your idea to thus teach her boxing lessons noone will belive her. Your wava approval, though, will be guaranteed.

For further instructions on how to accomplish it click here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBjvJpo-EM8
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Thanks for your advice 4now.

I have been in this country legally for the last 6 years. I came here on an F-1 student in 2004 and currently am on H-1B visa. I have never been out of status. My job and my livelihood is in this country and it's hard for me to leave everything here and go back.

I understand I will be in status even if my AOS is denied or withdrawn because of my H-1B visa. My problem is my wife threatens to send a letter to USCIS writing false complaints about me. This may have an impact even on my current visa. This is why I am thinking of VAWA as option.

I am still waiting for the interview letter but I don't know if my wife will be willing to go to the interview and even if she does I'm not sure if we will be able to pass the interview. That is why I was thinking of being proactive and withdrawing my current AOS petition and filing a new one under VAWA.