Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first interview

Hello Everyone,

I have an interview with immigration on Octerber 29, 2009. And I am a little nervous/scared, cuz I'm not sure what to expect with the officer who is going to interview me. For all I know is that, I have to study a little bit of Civic and History test questions, and I'm pretty sure I can pass that part. But everything else Im nervous about. Im sure lots of you went through this process already. I guess I just want to know what to expect from them. By the way, I live in San Diego. Appreciate the answers.

Hello Everyone,

I have an interview with immigration on Octerber 29, 2009. And I am a little nervous/scared, cuz I'm not sure what to expect with the officer who is going to interview me. For all I know is that, I have to study a little bit of Civic and History test questions, and I'm pretty sure I can pass that part. But everything else Im nervous about. Im sure lots of you went through this process already. I guess I just want to know what to expect from them. By the way, I live in San Diego. Appreciate the answers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    What sort of interview is this for? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's an interview to be a permanent resident or for green card, or whatever they call that . My first interview.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    Based on marriage or a job? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, not through a marrige or job.

Green card apps don't require a civics test. Their only concern is the legitimacy of the applicant as it relates to the sponsoring entity or reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since my mother petitioned me, would they interview her also? Do you know what type of questions they would asked?. By the way, I really appreciate your answers davdah.

Sounds like a peace of cake, but I know is not going to be that easy when I get there . Thanks again.

Leopoldo, it probably won't be that difficult either

Just relax, be yourself, and answer their questions openly and honestly. Do that and you'll be fine.

Afterwards, maybe you could come back and tell us what kind of questions were asked so that we'll be able to help the next person that comes along with the same query.

Good luck!
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

I hate to be a skeptic, but based on all the other c.rap that's gone on this forum, I think Leopold is not a new poster. If I'm wrong, sorry.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    I hate to be a skeptic, but based on all the other c.rap that's gone on this forum, I think Leopold is not a new poster. If I'm wrong, sorry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha. No, acutally I just signed up lastnight (Pacific Time). I was searching around Google, and ran in to this site. So yes, I am new here..

Sorry, Leopold. We've had alot of stupid stuff going on here lately. If you are indeed new, welcome!