publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: H-1B1 Premium Processing... More information about timescale of visa.

Hi, my I-129 was just submitted to the Texas Service Center last week, and I see that (according to this website) they have just started processing H-1B applications recieved in March. This means that they are six months behind, and it could take three months to process anyway... Based on this, it has been decided that the $1000 premium processing fee will be paid to have this process speeded up to 15 calender days.

I also read today that there is to be a sunset of the $1000 filing fee imposed by the ACWI, and a revertion to the 65,000 annual limit on H-1B approvals, although this shouldn't affect my petition as it was filed before Oct 2003, and my petitioner is a not-for-profit organisation affiliated with an institution of higher education.

So, currently the limit is 195,000 approvals. Does anyone know if these get used before the year is out? Or do they have a certain allocation per month?

I'm very anxious to work out a timescale for finalising this visa should the petition be approved. How long could it all take if premium processed? I then have to be interviewed at the consulate in London? Do they have a backlog like the Texas Service Center?

Any input or advice about where to obtain information is greatly appreciated. I have heard that the H-1B visa is a little notorious with being difficult to obtain. Does anyone have any more information on this??

Thank you in anticipation.

Hi, my I-129 was just submitted to the Texas Service Center last week, and I see that (according to this website) they have just started processing H-1B applications recieved in March. This means that they are six months behind, and it could take three months to process anyway... Based on this, it has been decided that the $1000 premium processing fee will be paid to have this process speeded up to 15 calender days.

I also read today that there is to be a sunset of the $1000 filing fee imposed by the ACWI, and a revertion to the 65,000 annual limit on H-1B approvals, although this shouldn't affect my petition as it was filed before Oct 2003, and my petitioner is a not-for-profit organisation affiliated with an institution of higher education.

So, currently the limit is 195,000 approvals. Does anyone know if these get used before the year is out? Or do they have a certain allocation per month?

I'm very anxious to work out a timescale for finalising this visa should the petition be approved. How long could it all take if premium processed? I then have to be interviewed at the consulate in London? Do they have a backlog like the Texas Service Center?

Any input or advice about where to obtain information is greatly appreciated. I have heard that the H-1B visa is a little notorious with being difficult to obtain. Does anyone have any more information on this??

Thank you in anticipation.

the annual cap is already revert to 65K/yr, but your application will not be effected. the period is end of october when Consulate will stop issuing visas
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Hi, thanks. I understand that much. Do you have any idea as to the timescale of the process should everything be approved?

The BCIS will tell you that it takes 60 to 90 days to process a regular H-1B, but it is really taking about seven months. If you pay the $1,000 premium processing fee, then you get a response in 15 days.

info@myronmorales.com

Hi! Mohan Bhai:

Do you know what form # are used to get H1B for IT persons
    what is the first step and how many forms in to be completed.
    Thanks

sorry I made a mistake: How many forms need to be completed