free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AMNESTY 4 ALL

I had a dream this afternoon and it was funny because, I saw congress approving an amnesty bill for all illegal immigrants who have had an I-130 application filed on their behalf. Even those that had final orders of deportation pending against them were allowed to stay here and collect their green cards. The only requirements were (i) having an I-130 pending and (ii) not having any serious criminal history or convictions. It was such a beautiful dream as I saw smiles on the faces of everyone, both legals and illegals, documented and undocumented, citizens and non-citizens- everyone became one and living happily ever after in the greatest country in the world. Then I said to myself " WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD !!!" and then I woke up and I realised I'd been drinking too much.
    But anyways, what do y'all think about my dream, is it something to be hopeful for ????

I had a dream this afternoon and it was funny because, I saw congress approving an amnesty bill for all illegal immigrants who have had an I-130 application filed on their behalf. Even those that had final orders of deportation pending against them were allowed to stay here and collect their green cards. The only requirements were (i) having an I-130 pending and (ii) not having any serious criminal history or convictions. It was such a beautiful dream as I saw smiles on the faces of everyone, both legals and illegals, documented and undocumented, citizens and non-citizens- everyone became one and living happily ever after in the greatest country in the world. Then I said to myself " WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD !!!" and then I woke up and I realised I'd been drinking too much.
    But anyways, what do y'all think about my dream, is it something to be hopeful for ????

hope your dreams come true

Nice dream...

I think it would be nice for you, but not for the americans who already live here. Imagine that! As it is there already is a job shortage, what would the USC do if everyone can come and live and work here?

USC cannot go to someone else's country and live and work.

Yes, it would be nice if immediate relatives could come sooner and family members, but all the illegals and everyone else...I do not think that this is the stuff that nations are made of... The UK, France, Mexico, Japan, Ssaudi Arabia, Nigeria, etc does not accept this, so why should we?

It would be great if everyone could visit, but then they need to go home, and take care of their own country and make THEIR country great!

Just my own thoughts...

I really don't understand what you mean by "Americans can't go to other countries to live and work" Of course, this is not true, as you find Americans working in other countries too doing decent jobs and earning good income. In most cases, the natives of these countries treat Americans very well. No nation can be an island by itself, we all need each other to survive and if we are to enforce every law in the book, we all be criminals one way or the other. Its ok to keep the bad people out but remember the good people who are majority with no criminal history who just want to work and make a honest living to live the American dream, so why look for ways to frustrate these people by calling them illegals, undocumented - when you can also make them documented.
    And I've also heard stories of Americans living in other countries with expired visas and sometimes arriving in some countries without visas with the assumption that these countries are also visa waiver countries for Americans. And in most cases, the authorities of these countries don't pressure these Americans to live or call them names to make them feel unwanted, thats one of the beauties of humanity and we should share that sometime.
    So if there is anyway of making undocumented, documented especially by filing Immigrant petitions, why not allow people do it that way and remember, these people are also talented and they would still contribute to the economy of this great country just like they've been doing, the only difference will be making them feel more like human beings (which is a God given right). And if an American can create jobs, what stops immigrants from creating jobs too ???? So don't worry about the problem of job shortages.
    A word is enough for the wise and GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!

Your dream is nice but there is a problem:

Can you imagine is a country, not only the US, had open borders. People that live in poorer countries all around would literally flock to that country and it would be a sort of "invasion". You imagine the mass exodus that would occur from poorer countries to more developped ones?

It's sort of a dilema isn't it? On the one hand, it would be great to get all "undocumented", documented again but then probably more people would come in knowing that they could and would become documented.

I think that's the main reason that countries have immigration laws. It's not a perfect system and I don't think it will ever be.

Also, about what you said about "undocumented" USC in other countries: if they don't want to enforce their immigration laws: that's their choice, I don't see how that should have an impact on how the US enforces their laws.

I'm a very big believer in following through what you set down as rules and regulations. If you don't follow through on your rules, then that just shows that people can take advantage of you and walk all over you...and they will!

Having said that, I'm not saying that all rules out there are fair and just. When it comes to immigration, there will always be a losing side.

They also did have sorta what you dreamt of, called the 245(i) that allowed "undocumented" people to have petitions filed for them. That ended April of last year.

Why should some people be able to sneak across the border, and come here illegally, and then get amnesty and be able to stay and work, while others go through many months or even years of going through the frustrating legal system, and pay lots of money, to be able to live and work in the US. People from for ex. Mexico (and other countries with a high rate of illegal immigrants) should should be able to appply for some kind of work permit that would let them come and work in certain areas and industries where there is a shortage of unskilled (for skilled workers, there is already the H category)workers, and this type of visa should only be able to obtain outside the US.

Immigrants that are here illegally should be able to report to INS, and leave without getting in trouble, and then apply for such a visa in their home country, and then be able to return legally.

USC go to other countries and work and please be advised that it is VERY difficult to do so. Many of them have jobs with American companies and work in the foreign country. But if you want to go on your own it is VERY difficult and the most part NOT possible.

To reward someone who came here illegal with the gift of being pardoned is ridiculous. Then why not break all crimes and be allowed to do all kinds of victimless crimes like prostitution and drugs. Hey, it's not hurting anyone but the people involved.

I have no problem with people visiting, but let's be real. People need to abide by laws and breaking laws is not abiding by them.

You dream was wonderful true indeed, but like Marie said, if anyone could just come over then then EVERYONE will come over here.

We have millions of homeless and poor people here, it would only get worse.

But, dreams are dreams and there is nothing wrong with having them, in fact that is what makes living great!

Martin, thats a very good dream you have there and we (loving and caring AMERICANS) all hope it comes true soon. AMEN !

You know sometimes I get very disappointed with closeminded view that I see from some of my fellow Americans. I am first generation American and military service member now for the last 13 years. I have had the great privilage of living in other countries where its citizens send its children out on the streets begging for money or food. Why is it a privilege, because it really opens ones eyes to the opportunites Americans are blessed with by birth.

My husband and I are also dealing with the immirgation quagmire. He is a college educated man from Romania. Finding it impossible to live on a $60 a month income in his country he left for Canada to work on a cruise ship, earning $500 per month while working 16-18 hours a day, 6-day a week. An improvement you say? Finacially maybe, but physically, not much of an improvement as far as I am concerned. It's what he get you say? I would like for you to put yourself in an immigrants shoes for a change. He, along with other undocumented workers simply want the chance to survive.

We realize the legal tangles concerning my husband and his status here, but I think that what a lot of people forget is that the majority of people in this very young country came from ANOTHER COUNTRY. Beit to escape religeous persecution, famine, war, or the hope of escaping economic depression in exchange for a chance of prosperity, immigrants are still fundeamentally how our great country was built. And that is why I love our country so much, because of its diversity and genrosity.

So go ahead those of you crying to keep people out, turn a blind eye to your own heritages and the circumstances that even led to your existance and birthright. You should be ashamed of yourselves for such closemindedness. I am not saying by any means that there should not be standards and guidelines, and background investigations,ensuring ALL of those living here is a must!

Worried about jobs? Lest we forget that the human race is an intelligent one, that knows how to adapt and overcome. We live in a time of vast technology and intelligence, not to mention the most powerful country in the world. Furthermore, have we forgotten that by implementing a process (or extending the 245i) whereby a fee is paid, legalizing undocumented workers, our government would be creating a vast revenue by means of the fines/fees and the taxes these hopeful individuals will be paying, thereby contributing to the government.

One thing further...not all individuals that come here really want to be here. They come because they feel there is no other option for a chance of survival or hope. Does that mean they should not be allowed here? Or that they should be treated with any less respect. Hell no, they are often alone and have left their families and homeland behind. What am I getting at? Well, maybe more emphasis should be place on ways to empower immigrants via education and working relationships to take what they have learned back to their countries. Allowing them to implement what they have learned and build their countries. I am not mearely speaking of students that come here to study, but other trades as well. I am not ignorant to the political dragon and curroption enbedded in 2nd and 3rd world developing countries, but I definately feel its worth considering.