50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-765 Renewal, C22

Can someone please advise where to file I-765 for catagory C22. I filed at Texas Service Center and application has been returned asking for proof of I-485 filing. I am filing I-765 based on Pending I-687 and I-694.
    Thanks

Can someone please advise where to file I-765 for catagory C22. I filed at Texas Service Center and application has been returned asking for proof of I-485 filing. I am filing I-765 based on Pending I-687 and I-694.
    Thanks

PA:

Before my I-687 was approved, I sent my I-765 application to the Chicago Lockbox. When my EAD was about to expire again, I filed online and it was also processed. Unfortunately, my I-687 was approved when I had already submitted (and paid for) my I-765 online application, so it was a waste of money. Of course, I didn't care much, since I was so happy because my case had just been approved. Good luck.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PA:
    Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops! You can't do that, sorry. You filed Form I-694 because your Form I-687 was denied. But your filed and pending I-694 does not give you any eligibility to file Form I-765. As far as USCIS is concerned, your I-687 reflects a 'denied' status. Hence, they can't see any basis for your I-765 that's why they rejected it.

Do not worry, u can still apply for I-765 as long as ur any application is pending. U just need to send them a copy of the notice showing that u have applied for 687 or 694. It happened to my very close friend and his application was retd and was asked to prove that he is still pending lulac case. Which they asked for the copy of the notice of showing that u have applied. I wonder howcome they dont have it in their system. But anyways, after 6months they sent him a card even without taking finger prints. SO GOOD LUCK. You need to sent it with the proof where they asked u to.

If you were an aborigine currently living in inner Mongolia, nothing would be stopping you from applying for an I-765 work permit. Clearly you would not qualify. Your money would absolutely be taken 100% for sure, but I'd say you'd stand about a 3 or 4% chance of obtaining the work permit, just out of error and laziness.

If you have a pending I-694 case you qualify for permission to work while your application is being adjudicated. Your money will absolutely be taken 100% for sure, but I'd say you'd stand about a 20 or 30% of not obtaining the work permit, just out of error and laziness. This is because I-694 cases are extremely rare theses days, the new generation of immigration officers are not familiar with it. It's much easier to deny it, than to research it and find out what it is, and that you qualify.

Just my opinion, from my own observations and experiences.