free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Is W-2s enough? Jo and Bushmaster or Sammy

Hi guys,

Just need some advise here...I will have my AOS interview soon. My husband doesn't have his tax transcript...just W'2s. Is that enough?

Hi guys,

Just need some advise here...I will have my AOS interview soon. My husband doesn't have his tax transcript...just W'2s. Is that enough?

East Hampton [Long Island], New York [USA]
    In almost all possible scenarios, W-2s would be enough in order to prove his income. However, I would advise him to get a letter from his employer, that should show his annual income, nature of his work, how long he has been working there, and whether his job is permanent or not with his employer. In addition, he needs to arrange his pay stubs for the last 2-3 months since W-2s show ONLY last years' income, and not the current income. And, BCIS is more interested into current income than previous one. He needs to compile his tax-returns too if he can, because it is very important as far as immigration is concerned, but not necessary. If he is unable to have tax transcripts for some reasons, then he should get some kind of letter from IRS, because BCIS would definately like to know why he is unable to get tax-transcript.

Okay, now the time has come for butterfly . Good Luck on your AOS interview.

Sammy, you always give excellent answers to every questions. THANKS

It was stranged, coz' my husband cannot get his tax return for the last 2 years. We tried to get copies from automatic phone call, but it said "unable" to retrieve for year 2001 / 2002. He is an active duty army. He filed his tax every year. Today my hubby will go to IRS and get the explanation why he cannot get the copy of it. For pay slips, he have it every months. Do army need a letter from employer too? He got his payslips, military card, health insurance and few others.

When I applied for the AOS, I just submitted W-2s (last 3 years), and it seems they accept it. The only worry, if at the interview, they gonna ask the transcript. I will ask my hubby to get the copies or letter from INS then

Thanks Sammy! Have a nice day. Always nice hearing from you.

Tax-returns are very-very important documents as far as immigration is concerned. Even though your husband is working for Army, he won't be an exception to the requirements of tax-returns, a letter/document from his employer or any other proofs to support his I-864 that is filed for you, otherwise BCIS may deny your I-485 [green card application] under the 'public charge' ground. As you know-burden is always on applicants to prove their claims/eligibility. Thereby, it's always better to have all those documents with you at the time of interview, so that BCIS officer would make the decision on your case at the same day, otherwise your case might be delayed for couples of months or even years.

We can not say for sure yet whether or not BCIS already has accepted W-2s that he submitted initially with your AOS. Because, SOMETIMES assigned officer doesn't even look on I-864 until the day of interview. And then they will ask you all the documents that would convince them during the interview, because-it's their presumption that applicants will prove their case to them with 'preponderance of evidences'. They reserve the right to see the original documents from you at the time of interview.

They will definately require tax-returns, and if your husband won't have tax-returns, then it will scratch their head or would bring something [doubts] in their mind. Because, they might think- why this person doesn't have copies of his tax-returns since everyone usually have the copies of their filed tax-returns. And, if they don't-then they could easily get the letter or copies of those returns from IRS within a day. You should know that tax-returns are govt-record, that's why it's always given more importance than W-2s or any other documents. BCIS won't ask your husband's military card, health insurance or anything like that. They just want to see some concrete evidence about his current and past income in order to determine his ability to support you.

Hope, you are well prepared for your AOS interview. However it would take only 10-15 minutes. How is your job going-on? I heard you are a girly-girl

no, she is a girly grrl!

Grrl = girls who kick a s s !
    Sweet Madame Belu

Alrighty Jo. I got you-what you mean. That's cool .

Sammy:

ALL girls kick a s s ! It's called GIRL POWER!
    Sweet Madame Belu

Sammy,
    can u please answer my other post directed to you..? thank you. Pasha

Hi you guys

Sammy, my hubby just called IRS, they said they did not file his two last years tax because of his change of addresses. He has been from Florida to Korea and US. The reason of not processing it because they worry if its a fraud since he filed through website. It seems its pending at IRS. They advised my husband to refile. Oh well, of course it will take long time and I only have 14 days until my interview date.

The lady agree to write a letter stating why they cannot produce the tax return copy. Will that be enough?

I'm doing good with my job. My boss extremely nice. I just love it.

Haaaa Jooooo...girly grrrrls eh?