50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: mistake on n400

please help! when my wife filling the form n400 for herself, she had made a big mistake. from line 34 to line 39, she checked NO (please dont ask WHY). and we know this application is going to be denied. what should we do next? will the DHS send her any notice? should we send in another application rightaway? thank you!

please help! when my wife filling the form n400 for herself, she had made a big mistake. from line 34 to line 39, she checked NO (please dont ask WHY). and we know this application is going to be denied. what should we do next? will the DHS send her any notice? should we send in another application rightaway? thank you!

You may consider sending to the Service Center where you sent your application a revised page (with lines 34 to 39) with corrections where error is made along with a copy of your receipt notice. Explain in the letter that you made an error in original submission and attached page should be replaced from original application. Keep copy for your record with post office proof of delivery.

USCIS may not replace the page but it will become part of your file and you will be able to brief the officer at the time of interview. It should not be a big deal.

Please inform the board of your final out come after interview.

No, you have to withdraw the application and file a new one.

fed: please tell me more. how do i withdraw the application? and i thank to tak for your response

Send in a letter saying you are withdrawing. Then re-apply when you get the notice that your first application was withdrawn.