free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: EAD question/ LULAC/CSS

Hi all:

I filed for adjustment under LULAC legalization question (1986 amnesty law) with Texase center. Had been issued EAD from Oct 2002 thru Oct 2003. However in May 2003 (before I even applied for EAD Renewal), the Texase center sent me a receipt for EAD renewal. Then two weeks later, sent me a new EAD card ( I did not even apply for renewal). This new EAD card is good for 4 years (May 2003 to May 2007).

Also, LULAC/CSS cases' category is C22 on the EAD, with this new EAD card, the category is A02. Doe anyone know what A02 means??
    Thanks,

Hi all:

I filed for adjustment under LULAC legalization question (1986 amnesty law) with Texase center. Had been issued EAD from Oct 2002 thru Oct 2003. However in May 2003 (before I even applied for EAD Renewal), the Texase center sent me a receipt for EAD renewal. Then two weeks later, sent me a new EAD card ( I did not even apply for renewal). This new EAD card is good for 4 years (May 2003 to May 2007).

Also, LULAC/CSS cases' category is C22 on the EAD, with this new EAD card, the category is A02. Doe anyone know what A02 means??
    Thanks,

I have a question does your new card with the category A02 have on it" NOT VAILD FOR REENTRY TO U.S." or not. Thanks

To Guest 2: Congratulations for your receiving EAD A02. Category AO2 is "Legalization Temporary Resident. It mean you have approved as a Temporary resident. For this you did not have to apply, it is sent by Immigration as a proof of your Temporary Resident status.
    No you should contact Social Security Department and ask them to remove condition on your SSN card, if you have any.
    Good luck.

To Sam: EAD A02 card is proof of Temporary Resident Status, as such he should not need any AP etc. to travel abroad for a short stay.
    Good luck.

HI! Guest 2.
    Did INS inteviewd you before giving this EAD Card? or you got this card with out inteview?
    I also applied for EAD through CSS.Please reply.

Thanks
    MIKE

Hi! Guest 2 Or Umesh passi Can you please answer My Question?

Thanks
    Mike

to guest2 or anybody else,

i have the same question as mike above. please respond!

thanks

I think the EAD card you got is not prove of your temporary permanent resident or your case been approved because the card say work authorization document not temp card. If it a temporary permanent card it should been issued for 18 months not for four years, based on the IRCA legalization back in 1987-88.
    I think the officer or the print shop made a mistake in giving you card for 4 years instead of one. I suggest to you to check the status of your case with your local BCIS office.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sam:
    I think the EAD card you got is not prove of your temporary permanent resident or your case been approved because the card say work authorization document not temp card. If it a temporary permanent card it should been issued for 18 months not for four years, based on the IRCA legalization back in 1987-88.
    I think the officer or the print shop made a mistake in giving you card for 4 years instead of one. I suggest to you to check the status of your case with your local BCIS office. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not correct.

The EAD they send (after your I-687) has been approved is valid for 4 years, Class: A02 (Temporary Resident).

You'll need this card and the I-797 (approval notice) with your picture on it to travel abroad.

Freedom1.