free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: -601

Hi!
    I am new here on this board. My husband is in india waiting for i-601 adjudication for last three and a half yrs. I am U. S citizen having one son 3 yrs and business in USa.
    Can anybody tell me what is the processing time for I-601 at New Delhi- India and how is the staff for approval of I-601?

Hi!
    I am new here on this board. My husband is in india waiting for i-601 adjudication for last three and a half yrs. I am U. S citizen having one son 3 yrs and business in USa.
    Can anybody tell me what is the processing time for I-601 at New Delhi- India and how is the staff for approval of I-601?

I-601 may take upto year. It all depends on embassy and how busy they are.

Because, you are US citizen so that make it possible for him to get waiver. But he still has to show unsuall extream hardships in order to qualify for this waiver.

Please check a post by Mohan on Hardshops waivers.

when you file waiver at chanakya puri? what is your email? why your husband need waiver?
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

my email add is luxuryinn@aol.com or shefali74@aol.com.
    My husband entered in to USA in year 1993 with student visa.In 1994 he applied for political asylum but got denied and then he moved to another state and applied with other first name which was there in birth certificate from beginning and got approved this time.We got married in 1997 and I-130 was approved. We moved to Texas as we bought business and files was transferred to TX.Case was adjudicated at I mmigration court and in year 2000 finally judje refused to adjust status here in USa as he was out of status by that time so he took voluntary departure and left to india. Ever since then We are waiting for I-601 approval. I have a business and A boy who was born after my husband left india. He is 3 years now.Please give me some guidence.

His inadmissibility issue is either for the overstay (10 yrs.) or for fraud (indefinite to permanent). It's important which one exactly it is, because the approval of the I-601 will depend on the severity of the issue.

The unusual, extreme and beyond hardship needs to apply to you and your child which is going to be difficult to prove after 3 yrs. of seperation (BCIS is going to argue that "you've been doing fine so far, so why not continue on your own?"). But since he's got a voluntary deprt., I'd guess that he'd be eligable to be admitted lawfully after max. 3 yrs. Good luck!

you don;t know how I am passing each day with so many difficulties and problems. This 3 years I am waiting for him.My lawyer said once the file goes to Idia it will be done in 6-8 months. At that time I was 5 months pregnant.After he left file should have been transferred from TX- NVC instead of that file was moved back to CAlifornia where originally I-130 was approved. file stuck there almost 6-8 months then my lawyer sued INS and then finally it moved.His visa interview was in Dec 2001 and they made him to go consulate 3-4 times asking different documents.Finally in April 2002 they sent I-601 waiver to New Delhi for adjudicate and in August last year we sent Extreme hardship letter along with some paper work. Ever since then I am waiting.Each time file moves I think it will be done in 2-3 months that's how this long period is passes and how can they think that a married couple can stay apart for life time? My son has not seen his dad yet because I have abusiness and can't go I ndia without any help.I love this country and proud to be US citizen and do not want to leave USA.

i sent you an email.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..