free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rude and Intolerant security guards

I was at the INS office at Milwaukee yesterday. The security guard at the entrance was particularly rude to a dark skinned lady (I thought of African/Arabic ethnicity), who spoke no English and wore a head covering shawl. I was right behind her in the line. The conversation started with "what is the purpose of your visit?". She could not answer and he became upset. He raised his voice and said many times "Why are you here ?" and finally in exasperation and anger said "You don't speak English?" and stared at her and told her' "well if you cannot speak English I don't know who can help you, go in"

I was next. I am a dark skinned male but spoke English fluently, answered his questions precisely and was dressed well. He was fine with me.

I think his attitude spoke of bias against women, intolerance to people who spoke little English. His role is a security officer and to screen people from a security stand point. His role is not to judge. I do not know where this issue should be brought up. I thought I will start here at this portal.

I was at the INS office at Milwaukee yesterday. The security guard at the entrance was particularly rude to a dark skinned lady (I thought of African/Arabic ethnicity), who spoke no English and wore a head covering shawl. I was right behind her in the line. The conversation started with "what is the purpose of your visit?". She could not answer and he became upset. He raised his voice and said many times "Why are you here ?" and finally in exasperation and anger said "You don't speak English?" and stared at her and told her' "well if you cannot speak English I don't know who can help you, go in"

I was next. I am a dark skinned male but spoke English fluently, answered his questions precisely and was dressed well. He was fine with me.

I think his attitude spoke of bias against women, intolerance to people who spoke little English. His role is a security officer and to screen people from a security stand point. His role is not to judge. I do not know where this issue should be brought up. I thought I will start here at this portal.

Try telling someone in that office, that's probably the best place to start.
    It's a shame when people act that way

Mike,

You should write a letter to the District Director regarding the actions of the Security guard, more than likely this security guard has done this more than once, but may not have any complaints against him. If the District Director so requests, he can have him removed from his position there and sent to another Federal Office that his company covers, or reprimanded in other ways as so deemed by his Supervisor. I am speaking from experience, so take the time and write that letter, for no one person deserves to be treated in this way.

If I was gaurd I would kick your *** and make sure you do not get any benefit. Get out of USA

Well here's another reality check..

she probably got "yelled" at even more when she got inside and no one could understand her.

I think you're confusing "bias" with "frustration". They're two seperate acts. I may be biased against people with 3 heads, but i can just as easily get frustrated against a white guy who annoys me.

-= nav =-

Here's a thought.....if you know you do not speak English why are you going to a building where people speak English without a translator? Do you expect that someone speaking your language must be provided for you? Here's another one.....why do people waiting for permanent residence buy plane tickets without knowing whether they have permission to travel or not? That would be like me buying tickets before my leave has been granted by my boss.

If you feel you were mistreated by an immigration employee, or wish to make a complaint of misconduct by an immigration employee, you may write to the Office Director, or write directly to:

Director, Office of Internal Audit
    425 Eye Street, NW
    Room 3260
    Washington, DC 20536

If you want to take this further you can always write a complaint to USCIS.

Originally posted by booob:
    If I was gaurd I would kick your *** and make sure you do not get any benefit. Get out of USA
    FU

Maybe he was just having a bad day. How much can you really expect from someone in a low-level postion requiring a GED at most? I'm sure cranky immigrants are mean to him all the time, too.

Sometimes people call my work pretending they can't speak English and when I surprise them and start speaking Spanish, they suddenly start to speak English and pretend they don't understand my Spanish. It's amazing that they think I'm so stupid I won't be able to remember that they told me they couldn't speak English five minutes ago. LOL I'm trilingual and I love languages and accents, but people can choose to use those things in ways which get on my nerves, so I can kind of understand why the security guard got upset.
    Have a nice day