50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Umesh Pashi

Do I have to renew EAD after I have gotten a letter from INS saying that I am approved as a legal resident? I still don't have the greencard.

I would reelly be happy over a reply.

Thank you. Lita

Do I have to renew EAD after I have gotten a letter from INS saying that I am approved as a legal resident? I still don't have the greencard.

I would reelly be happy over a reply.

Thank you. Lita

If you have received the notice of approval,it should say the time in which you will get your greencard.Normally it will arrive within 6 weeks.Also you can take the letter to the INS office and get a temprary I551 stamp in your passport which is equal to a greencard. In that case you don't need to renew your EAD.

Thanks Hello. I have received the letter of approval and it said it can take six months to get the card in the mail. So I guess I'm good then? Can I just use the letter as proof to future employers?

The letter does not authorize you to work. You should go to the INS and get your passprt stamped.It will say that employment authorized.
    If you don't get your card within 2 months call the ins to find out because they sent my greencard to the wrong address and i had to wait for an extra one year before they issued me another one.But to show your employer you must get your passport stamped and remember it will also allow you to travel abroad without any problems.

To Lita:
    Hello is right. You should go to Immigration Office asap with that approval letter and get your passport stamped. After the stamp you will be allowed to travel just like another GC holder. Actual Green Card usally takes 2 to 6 months to arrive depending on location.
    After you get stamp on your passport, you should go to Social Security Administration for upgrade their record. You can request for new Social Security Card which will have no restrictions or endorsements on it.
    Good luck

Thank you very much for your replies everyone.