free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question

ok, if my partner was here illegally and purchased an identity from a US citizen who was not using their social security card/birth certificate, but the INS does not know... should we tell them when we file our paperwork?

One reason that I think we should is that my partner cleaned a federal building with this ID and was therefore fingerprinted by the FBI.

I tend to prefer being an honest person, but I don't want to screw up my life and that of my partner by being honest, if it isn't necessary.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

ok, if my partner was here illegally and purchased an identity from a US citizen who was not using their social security card/birth certificate, but the INS does not know... should we tell them when we file our paperwork?

One reason that I think we should is that my partner cleaned a federal building with this ID and was therefore fingerprinted by the FBI.

I tend to prefer being an honest person, but I don't want to screw up my life and that of my partner by being honest, if it isn't necessary.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I would suggest getting a lawyer -- a GOOD lawyer and have a consultation. It would be worth it because you don't want to get yourself into worse trouble. Where are you located?

Oh my ! This here is an heavy situation seem like to me. He shouldnt have never ever worked in that federal building. But you know its life and s*** happends. Anyways you better get to work i mean get urself busy trying to find a GOOD ..GOOD lawyer because being fingerprinted he's now known as the other person. and that is something.
    So Good luck and dont give up faith .we've seen worst than this but as u know the INS now takes things seriously as if if they were in that person show they wouldnt have done the same .But its the law and we have to go by it .But you know try to get a lawyer to give you the best advice...Dont listen to the fake lawyers the ones that starts by saying its no big deal because it'll be for ur $$ get the real deal the real lawyer okay.
    I'll be praying for you guys..You need that

I have checked with a couple of different lawyers and they have given me different stories. One said that we should always be honest, and another said that using socials of other people was so common place that it might not be necessary to mention it.

I am not quite sure who to believe or whether they are both right depending on the situation.

Also, is there any chance that by using a social security number as previously described that it could be considered claiming to be a US citizen as presented by cleogirl (husband denied access to wife)?

I am sorry to keep troubling you all with this, but I really am not quite sure where to go, and even the lawyers seem confused.

Thanks for all your help and support so far!

By the way I tend to think that the lawyer that said it might not be necessary to reveal this situation is the better lawyer, but then again I am basing this mostly on the amount of money that she charges as compared to the other lawyer.

I am located in the Washington DC area in case anyone knows of any good lawyers in the DC area or its suburbs.

Thanks again!

are there any lawyers out there that can give me any sort of advice on who to believe?

Hi, Blue,
    I do not want to sound too negative, but there a quite a few issues here...
    First, you said your partner was here illegally, does that mean he arrived illegally, or just overstayed? If the first, then the chance of Adjustment of status throu marriage is a very slim one, and only by using the LIFE act...
    Second, are you married? If not, you might need to reconsider the pros and cons...
    Third, by admitting he has used someone's ID and ssn, he may face a conviction, even if he is granted the green card...On the other hand, there may not be necessarily a connection between his fingerprinting (for job purpose only) and INS, unless he has been arrested for a felony and fingerprinted at the police...I am not imlying that you better lie to INS, but you need to discuss in depth all this with the lawyerwho suggested it...
    Good luck!

Hi thanks for your input!!! To answer your question: arrival was legal, but overstayed by more than a year, we are already married (and I wouldn't ever look back). My partner has never committed a felony, but was deported and we are in the process of applying for a waiver, so it is not simply a change of status. I understand that the waiver is difficult to obtain either way, but we have to attempt it at least!!!

Another part of the issue is that my partner omitted information during deportation proceedings (basically lied by not indicating possession of the social security number or birth certificate. was just plain scared to death.)

Good person though... one of the best. Really!!! Doesn't even drive over the speed limit in USA or home country... cannot say the same for me

Hi Blue,
    Your love for your partner shows in every word you post, and I am really glad for it, because love is what keeps us going throu all this...
    The additional information makes me think that you will need not just a good but outstandingly good lawyer...As far as I know, CARL SHUSTERMAN is one of the best (if not THE best) in the country. He has offices and staff in many states and he has dealt with situations and cases much more difficult and complex than yours...You may want to check him out at www.shusterman.com where you can find his contact info and even if you do not feel like hiring him, I am sure you will find his web site extremely useful.
    My best wishes to you and pls keep us posted...
    Red