50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-751 at Vermont

I don't know if this is old news or not but I thought I would share it.....I contacted the senators and Representatives for my state and yesterday I finally I got an answers to my questions. I was told that by the answers came directly from the BCIS congressional representative at the Vermont Service Center......does that title really mean anything??!!!!

I asked 2 questions:1) Why was there such a hold up with the I-751? Ans: Vermont currently has 36,000 I-751 applications to process as well as 720,000 other application types.....didn't really answer the question did it!!!!!!

2) Will my I-751 be adjudicated at the same time as my N-400 if it hasn't already been adjudicated on before my naturalization interview? Ans: If the I-751 is still outstanding by the time of the naturalization interview it will be adjudicated at the SAME time as the N-400.

so there you have
    cheers,
    Paddy

I don't know if this is old news or not but I thought I would share it.....I contacted the senators and Representatives for my state and yesterday I finally I got an answers to my questions. I was told that by the answers came directly from the BCIS congressional representative at the Vermont Service Center......does that title really mean anything??!!!!

I asked 2 questions:1) Why was there such a hold up with the I-751? Ans: Vermont currently has 36,000 I-751 applications to process as well as 720,000 other application types.....didn't really answer the question did it!!!!!!

2) Will my I-751 be adjudicated at the same time as my N-400 if it hasn't already been adjudicated on before my naturalization interview? Ans: If the I-751 is still outstanding by the time of the naturalization interview it will be adjudicated at the SAME time as the N-400.

so there you have
    cheers,
    Paddy

I am in your same boat. I too have filed a I-751 with Vermont and they are about 2 years behind. It is very likely that your N-400 naturalization will be adjudicated well before the I-751. Obviously, by virtue of the naturalization, your I-751 will be approved. As to the congressional liaisons, yes, they do exist and, yes, Vermont has a lot of I-751s to adjudicate which is not as easy as it sounds, since they have to verify the bona fide of the marriage and, in some cases, interview the spouses.

Paddy:

Thank you very much for coming back to the board and post this very helpful information.

Paddy,

Thanks for additional piece of information. As you know I had my N-400 scheduled and discheduled by the BCIS simply because my I-751 was not approved yet. It has been one month since I received the letter from BCIS discheduling my interview. I have not heard anything yet on my I-751 either. It will be 22 months on November 20 since I filed I-751, and I'm still waiting. I guess all I can do is to wait.

Daniel:

You have the option to file a Writ of Mandamus, which is almost a law suit against BCIS for not adjudicating your application on time, but it might somebody upset, I suggest you to just wait.

You could go on www.yahoo.com and if you type Writ of Mandamus against INS, you will get some websites with information about what a Mandamus is and how has to be addressed and drafted, however, I would just wait.

Daniel:
    I remember you when me and my husband came across the first time to this board. I can't believe you still waiting.
    What happened BCIS just decided to cancel your N-400 interview? That mean you will lose your money too? Or You just have to wait for them to schedule a new interview for you after the d a m n I-751?
    As you know we did have the I-751 interview already but besides participating in this board I do participate in others and there are a lot of people that did what you did, applied for N-400 without the I-751 approval and I would like to tell them about your case, if you don't mind.
    I'm very dissapointed to hear this, but lets keep hoping that you will get your I-751 approval pretty shortly. Good luck to you.

[This message was edited by Yoly&Wayne on November 06, 2003 at 10:05 PM.]

[This message was edited by Yoly&Wayne on November 06, 2003 at 10:05 PM.]

Yoly&Wayne,

My interview was descheduled or cancelled for that day, pending I-751 approval. When my I-751 is approved then I will be scheduled for a new N-400 interview. I hope this helps.

I have to say that the comments on this particular post show that no one really knows including the USCIS(formly BCIS)itself. Here I am told that the I-751 would be adjudicated at the same time as the N-400 interview and poor old Daniel gets his N-400 interview postponed until after the I-751 approval.I personally think that there is really no point speculating anymore....I'll just have to sit and wait for my turn and only then will I find out the truth!!!...By the way Daniel did you say that you were going to have your interview at the New York City field office??? The reason why I ask is because I want to avoid that place like the plague after hearing other people's experience of that place.......I am looking for a job in the Albany Area and will hopefully move next year......so hopefully my case will be transferred to the Albany field office instead of New York City.

Thank you Daniel for your answer.

Paddy:
    I agree with you. This is just ridiculous. I got the I-751 interview letter when I was getting ready to send the N-400. I guess we have to be thankful that we finally had the chance to achieve that part of the process before sending the naturalization application.
    The most curious thing is that we called as many others and was told by BCIS (or whatever) that we could send the N-400 application without waiting for the I-751 approval,being that the last one would be adjudicated at the mean time........Yeah right I can see now.
    What a mess.