free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Fiance deported

My fiance was deported

She was charged with section 212(a)(7)(A)(i)(I) Immigrant without documents "...an immigrant not in possession of a valid unexpired immigrant visa, border crossing card, or other valid entry document required by the Act." She was found deportable and was barred for "a period of 5 years from the from the date of your departure from the United States as a consequence of having been found as an arriving alien in proceedings 235(b)(1) or 240 of the act." "Pursuant to section 235(b)(1) of the Immigration and Nationality act (ACT), (8 U.S.C. 1225(B)(1)), the Immigration and Naturalization Service has determined that you are inadmissible to the USA under section(s) 212(a) (7)(A)(i)(II)."

What does this mean exactly (I can read the English). I mean where do we go from here and what are our chances for her returning to the USA before the 5 years are over? What are her chances after the 5 years are up?

Any help would be appreciated!!

My fiance was deported

She was charged with section 212(a)(7)(A)(i)(I) Immigrant without documents "...an immigrant not in possession of a valid unexpired immigrant visa, border crossing card, or other valid entry document required by the Act." She was found deportable and was barred for "a period of 5 years from the from the date of your departure from the United States as a consequence of having been found as an arriving alien in proceedings 235(b)(1) or 240 of the act." "Pursuant to section 235(b)(1) of the Immigration and Nationality act (ACT), (8 U.S.C. 1225(B)(1)), the Immigration and Naturalization Service has determined that you are inadmissible to the USA under section(s) 212(a) (7)(A)(i)(II)."

What does this mean exactly (I can read the English). I mean where do we go from here and what are our chances for her returning to the USA before the 5 years are over? What are her chances after the 5 years are up?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Sorry to hear that, Mick. One can bring his fiance here, as far as I know.

My brother had to go overseas to get married and it took him about five months to bring her here.

AJ

think your screwed Mick..

From what you wrote it sounds like she was denied admission (probably on the visa waiver program - I am guessing she has made several consecutive trips to the US in the last year or two or has overstayed at least once [and perhaps worked]) - being denied admission is different than actual deporation; but she must have made some other mistakes to be found inadmissable for 5 years.

She had previously overstayed her visa, and had sent her passport back at one point and an entry stamp was placed in her passport (although she hadn't actually returned.) This is why she was given the 5 year bar.

Do you know what the proper procedure is at this point? What paperwork we need to fill out? Has anyone gone through anything like this? Will she be allowed back in at the end of the five years? What exactly is the waiver that lawyers mention?

I have no idea, and for some reason I keep getting mixed up information. Some lawyers have told me it is no problem and that she'll be back in a year, others have said it is almost impossible for her to get back in during the five years. The immigration office that deported her seemed to think that she would be back within a few months (although none of the lawyers that I have spoken to think this is the case.) I just don't know what to think or what our reality is or what to do. All I know is that everyone (but the lawyers and one woman at an INS office) was really terrible to me. I think I have called everyone and done everything, but I just don't know what is real and nobody has the same story. Please help!

In the Eye if INs she was entered without inspection. she was here illigally, thats why she will be bared for 5 years. she have to get awaiver for the bar period which will take almost 1 year thats why your lawyer said she will be back within one year. with the fact that you have already applied for petition and AOS.

Actually Mick, I am really really sorry to hear about your case, because it reminds me a lot of my own.

From what I understand there is a small chance that everything will go perfectly and she will be in within a year, IF YOU ARE MARRIED, but from experience it doesn't seem to work that way.

It also seems that you will need to fill out the I-601 waiver (see from a distance's post) which apparently can be very hard to get. But don't lose all hope... that doesn't mean impossible.

Also, at least in my own case a really good lawyer told me that although there was little chance of getting the waiver approved, my husband would most likely be allowed in very easily once the five years was up.

I guess now you need to decide whether or not you want to get married and fight for the waiver, or whether you want to wait until the five years are up.... or what. There are a lot of decisions involved and it's REALLY difficult, but as someone once told me, at least (S)he is still alive.

Good Luck to you!

Toria Dixon did not post a reply, someone is using that name. Ignore the previous response.