50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: change of status

I have just become a usc and my wife has just arrived on a B2 visa. Since lawyer fees are very expensive, I would appreciate any information on the kind of application forms required to change her status to PR. I would like to know how long the processing time is. Pls advs and thank you.

Rolando

I have just become a usc and my wife has just arrived on a B2 visa. Since lawyer fees are very expensive, I would appreciate any information on the kind of application forms required to change her status to PR. I would like to know how long the processing time is. Pls advs and thank you.

Rolando

please advise anyone!

what state u live in?u have to get married then go to ur local INS and have the forms and fill them and get photos of her and it should go bretty easy if the marriage is not a sham

We are all legit and I hv married this woman for 21 years. Due to our business and personal family obligations, we didn't process Gc for her. All we want to know is what INS forms we are supposed to process to adjust the status.

Had you discolsed in you N-400 that you are married to this woman. If yes, file I-330 for her and after that file I-129 for her and she should be able to get work authorization under K-3 non-immigrant visa. When her I-130 is approved, she can apply for adjustment of status. Good Luck.

U should file I-130 and I-685 for her together with her forms I-485(AOS) and I-765(if she wants to work. Also she can ask for advance parole if she wants to travel outside the US....
    Anyway, did she mentioned her intensions to immigrate at the port of entry? Did they know she is married to LPR when entering?

Dear Lucky

What is I 685 for?

I-864 Affidavit of Support, sorry 4 my mistake!