50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: WHY SO LONG JUST TO GET A NOTICE OF ACTION

I came here leally and i just overstay and i got marry to my girlfriend who is a USC. We sent the AOS with all the other I-130, I-485, and I-765 and i haven't got anything yet, not even a notice of action. I guess is because is a bigger process and three forms and it is taking forever to get a notice of action. I sent my whole AOS package a month ago and nothing yet. WHY?

I came here leally and i just overstay and i got marry to my girlfriend who is a USC. We sent the AOS with all the other I-130, I-485, and I-765 and i haven't got anything yet, not even a notice of action. I guess is because is a bigger process and three forms and it is taking forever to get a notice of action. I sent my whole AOS package a month ago and nothing yet. WHY?

Have a you received a postal notice yet that it was accepted by the BCIS?

http://www.immigrate2us.net

It takes about 1.5 months to receive something back. You should gotten a postal receipt back that your file has been submitted?

to dowo28 - let's see, you violated our laws by overstaying, violated the trust of the visa privilege and now you are whining because you didn't get a response from INS in ten minutes?
    Why don't you return to whatever country you came from and see how long paperwork takes there?
    Do you think you are entitled to some kind of special privileges because you are an overstayer? I don't think so.

what's wrong with you people? If you aren't going to try to help. Don't say anything at all.

I'm sure we all have graduated kindergarten.

Dowo28:

It will take a little longer to recieve your first noa, possibly 3 months. You can have your spouse write to congress people and explain the situation and ask if they can help out at all. If you really are concered about it. Call the service center.

Hope everything works out.

Good Luck

Jenny

Did you send it to a service center or local office? I didn't think the local offices sent the notice of actions, only the service centers; and, I didn't think the service centers accepted all those documents, only certain ones, or maybe that is only certain centers (I only know CSC). Did you send it certified? Do you have your receipt? Did they cash your check? Did you try calling the help number and asking? Did you check the processing times for where you sent it? Some are quite long.