ILW.COM - the immigration portal Immigration Daily

Home Page

Immigration Daily


Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board



Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation


CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network




Connect to us

Make us Homepage



The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Immigration LLC.

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Seeking employment but illegal

  1. #1
    How can I work in the US? There is an employer who is willing to sponsor me but we don't know where we start.Please help!

  2. #2
    How can I work in the US? There is an employer who is willing to sponsor me but we don't know where we start.Please help!

  3. #3
    Iam not a lawyer, and i dont know much about immigration.. but i recall some information i saw in INS webpage....

    The form you need to check out is called H1B

    A specialty occupation requires theoretical and practical application of a body of specialized knowledge along with at least a bachelor's degree or its equivalent. For example, architecture, engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, social sciences, MEDICINE AND HEALTH, education, business specialties, accounting, law, theology, and the arts are specialty occupations.

    How does one apply?

    H-1B status requires a sponsoring U.S. employer. The employer must file a labor condition application (LCA) with the Department of Labor attesting to several items, including payment of prevailing wages for the position, and the working conditions offered. The employer must then file a Form I-129 petition plus accompanying fee of $130 with the INS and, unless specifically exempt under the law, an additional $1000 fee to sponsor the H-1B worker. Based on the INS petition approval, the alien may apply for the H-1B visa, admission, or a change of nonimmigrant status.

    Anyway.. this is the link

    Good Luck !

  4. #4
    Thank you for responding to my query. Is it possible to file papers thru employment even when I came illegally. I read somewhere they need some waivers but it's only for USC spouse. I'm wondering if I can also avail a waiver?

  5. #5
    Describe illegal... did you enter the US without inspection, if so no help is available to you, or did you overstay a visa, in that case there might be some possibilities.

  6. #6
    I came with fraudulent docs.I was inspected but there was fraud involved.

  7. #7
    Sorry but there's really nothing you can do with your situation since you came in the US fraudulently . The waiver is only available to the spouse of USC and I think this is your only option.

Similar Threads

  1. a student who is seeking employment
    By lexy in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 07:32 PM
  2. Can alien removed for illegal employment get waiver
    By Rae I. Young in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 11:52 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-07-2003, 10:56 PM
  4. Massive ILLEGAL EMPLOYMENT in banking
    By in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-03-2003, 07:38 AM
  5. Canadian moving to United States seeking employment
    By in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-05-2003, 11:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: