Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I130 transferred; local office

Hello everyone,

I am a USC who filled an I130 for my spouse in 9/2008. The case was transferred to the local detroit office in 6/2009 pending an interview. My spouse lives in her home country. I contacted my senator in 10/2009 and was told I should have an interview by 1/2010. It is now 2/2010 and Im being told that they are so behind they don't even know when they will schedule my interview. Can anyone tell me why I need an interview? Shouldnt my spouse have the interview in her home country? Should I scrap the case and start from scratch? Thank you in advance for all your help.

Hello everyone,

I am a USC who filled an I130 for my spouse in 9/2008. The case was transferred to the local detroit office in 6/2009 pending an interview. My spouse lives in her home country. I contacted my senator in 10/2009 and was told I should have an interview by 1/2010. It is now 2/2010 and Im being told that they are so behind they don't even know when they will schedule my interview. Can anyone tell me why I need an interview? Shouldnt my spouse have the interview in her home country? Should I scrap the case and start from scratch? Thank you in advance for all your help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Can anyone tell me why I need an interview? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most likely there is something in your case that USCIS wants to double/triple check.

You will not be interviewed as that is not the proceedure. Your spouse will be interviewed at the U.S. diplomatic post where she applys for the visa, but she cannot apply until the I-130 is approved.

It is very strange that this is taking so long. Contact the USCIS Ombudsmans Office.

I found this on a website and thought you'd like to know. "The right to maintain the unity of the family is one of thr most fundamental human rights. Although, the methods for reuniting families are still inefficient. A strict quota system combined with understaffing and a slow adjudication process has lead to a backlog of millioms of visa applications. The wait for reunification can take decades". Write your congressman and senators, ask them to speed up the process. Families are waiting and it is not fair.

Thank you for your post. I have already written my state representatives. It is hard being asked to wait to an unknown date, but hopefully all my recent activity will get me closer to an approval.

Is your I-130 appoved. It should have been forwarded to National Visa Center for processing and onward action by overseas Post. Your local office should have not gotten it. Write then to forward the case to National Visa Center as your spouse in her home country. Sending to local office is not right.

it is normal in the united states of israel .
    they usually interview people if ...
    1- messing documents
    2- if you did not send good evidence
    3- age difference
    4- if you were previously married
    5- your wife had previous visits to this country
    and no it is not only an interview for your spouse overseas , this is normal and they always interview the u.s citizens at the local offices and lately they been sending all the cases to the national benefits center in missouri for processing ( not NVC ) just hang in there but my advice to you is to file lawsuit against uscis , if you have a good case and good evidence and no security issues , you will secure the i-130 approval within 30-60 days

Most probably.. i am gussing) you may have been wrote that your wife live in USA I local address in wrong column.) please check.
    IF not then its USCIS mistake to transfer Petition to local office. It should be approved and transfer to NVC at Portsmouth NH. for further transfer to consulate, and if the priority date is current , ( in your case it is as USC spouse) interview will be conducted at consulate. Consulate will ask for DS230 packet etc.
    thats the normal procedure.
    now yu have a task to connect the dots.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..