50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pLEASE HELP ME ... JUST TELL ME WHAT TO EXPECT :( K1 VISA OK ( WE CRY LIKE CRAZY ) REALLY WE DO :(

Hi ... i hope you are doing ok. and i hope you GUYS remember me .....
    i´m waiting for a k1 visa and i saw in the web pae of the
    BCIS the next text but i dont know if is the answer or what .....
    they say we need more stuff ? or is what they send always ?
    please help us out .... i just want to know if is normal or
    we did something wrong ... thanks very much

Current Status:

On October 14, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional
    evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in
    detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions
    about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and
    you have not received the notice, please call the National
    Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

PLEASE WHAT IS IT ? DID WE FORGET SOMETHING ? OR WHAT ..... CUZ I´M GOING TO USA I STOP WORKING LAST MONTH SO THE TIME GOES SO SLOW PLEASE ... HELP ME OUT ..... WE WANTED TO GET MARRY THE 29TH OF NOVEMBER BUT NOW WE CHANGE IT TO 29 OF JNRY BUT I WANT TO BE THERE FO CHRISMAS ..... WHAT DOES THIS MEANS ?

Hi ... i hope you are doing ok. and i hope you GUYS remember me .....
    i´m waiting for a k1 visa and i saw in the web pae of the
    BCIS the next text but i dont know if is the answer or what .....
    they say we need more stuff ? or is what they send always ?
    please help us out .... i just want to know if is normal or
    we did something wrong ... thanks very much

Current Status:

On October 14, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional
    evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in
    detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions
    about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and
    you have not received the notice, please call the National
    Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

PLEASE WHAT IS IT ? DID WE FORGET SOMETHING ? OR WHAT ..... CUZ I´M GOING TO USA I STOP WORKING LAST MONTH SO THE TIME GOES SO SLOW PLEASE ... HELP ME OUT ..... WE WANTED TO GET MARRY THE 29TH OF NOVEMBER BUT NOW WE CHANGE IT TO 29 OF JNRY BUT I WANT TO BE THERE FO CHRISMAS ..... WHAT DOES THIS MEANS ?

Hey,
    This means when you filled your K1 with the BCIS. I am not sure which center you filled at. But they siaid they need more information from you reguarding your fiance. So call then and ask them what information are they short on and get the name of the person who u speak with and also ask them when you send them the requested material if there is any numbers or information that needs to be written on it so the requested material will end up with your file for review. I wish you good luck.
    Vpatel
    P.S. That is what I think the notie you typed up means. I am not sure. I am doing my best to help you.

Wait until the letter / mail reach you, might be another 2 or 3 days. You may get the detail in there. Different people get different evidence that BCIS need. May be you you missed something like birth certificate, your fiancee US passport, pictures, fees....or just anything...so just wait for the letter. Good luck.

Oh one more thing....never ever planned a wedding or anything else when you apply a visa...its not a guarantee that you will get it by the time they said it....its all depends to what center you applied and also by having such problems like documentation. Many ppl who planned their wedding before get the K1 approval need to postpone their wedding. The best way is planned your wedding after your visa approved.

You will get your notice in the mail very soon. When you receive the notice and find out what information they need just send them back the information they are requesting. Be certain to mark the outside of the envelope that it is "RFE" and your case number. Send back a copy of their notice with your evidence. You shouldn't have any problem but I would send it in the mail with a method you can get a "delivery receipt" from the post office. That way you will "know" they received your information and on what date. Good Luck.

RFI ( request fior further Information) are issued in this case, You have 14 day to answer RFI, I guess Letter is not reached . If you are in USA and living at the same address in the file , you should be receiving letter by monday.
    You should write what you posted with I-130. You should prepare for more document.
    Remember you have only 14 days from date of oct 14.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

hi and thanks ..... i just want to know if u guys have the same problem and after how long i´m gonna be able to get an answer ( after i send it how long it will take ) ..... thanks and ... yes i did ask the senator for help. but that was like 2 weeks ago ... please keep helping me ........

My situation is similar, but different as I am waiting on a K-3 from the MSC. On Oct. 4, 2003, I received a Request for Additional Evidence. I mailed it on Oct. 10, 2003. On the BCIS web site it now states:

On October 15, 2003, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 60 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Just an FYI. On my notice, I also had 87 days to respond?!

I also contacted my States Senators about my case, and it was only after they contacted the service center that I received anything. I do not know if it was because they contacted the service center or it was just my time. I also filed an Invesitgation with the National Customer Service Center, as on the BCIS web site it has always stated that it should take 60-90 days to process this application. After the 90 days were up is when I filed the investigation. Both contacting my senators office and filing the investigation happened about the same time. My original receipt from MSC stated that it would take 90-180 days to process, but since the web site said 60-90 days they were able to file the investigation.

Also just for informational purposes, the information that had been requested was some of the same information that was originally submitted.

Sorry to continue on for so long, but I too know what it is like waiting for the fate and direction of the rest of your life to be in the hands of some governmental employee who only looks at you as a number.

Another case of bcis incompetence here probably. I know several people including myself who have had rfe's and they ask for the same info you have already given. In my case I have had two rfe's both for stuff I had already sent. I totally know how you feel cause I too have been seperated from my loved ones for 2 years now due to bcis incompetence. What the bcis website tells you is bull. It tells me it is taking 90-360 days to process my case but it has been over 400. When you call the 800 number (as you can no longer call the service centers) the useless monkeys on the other side just tell you what the website tells you (yeh great idea bcis!) they cannot help in any way and they do not care.