50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Political asylum processing lenght.

Hi is there anybody who knows how long it takes till I get my results back from INS? I had interview in april, they called me back in two weeks and told me that they will send the results in mail. This was more than 10 weeks ago and I still don`t have anything. How long it usually takes? How long it took for you guys? Pls answer...Thanx

Hi is there anybody who knows how long it takes till I get my results back from INS? I had interview in april, they called me back in two weeks and told me that they will send the results in mail. This was more than 10 weeks ago and I still don`t have anything. How long it usually takes? How long it took for you guys? Pls answer...Thanx

Zoly, please try 1-800-989-7180. Just press your alien number and follow the machined-voice instruction. Most of the time you will know the interview result before you the mail from INS.
    Good luck!

Thanx, I tried to call the number but it is out of service...Can anybody else help me in this matter with some information?Thank you

I will tell you my case. On july 97 they granted me political asylum, after 1 year I was elligible to fill out my AOS forms(july 98), I had the interview in may 99 and since then not much happened. I got about a month ago a letter from the INS that I need to do my fingerprint again. Also they told me that they started to work on my case (february 2002) and within 300-330 days I will got my answer(approval)in the mail. The reason why they waited to start working on my case since I had the interview in may 99 is the in political asylum cases there is a quota sistem whicy means the INS approves only 10000 cases a year. So I had to wait so many years. In your case it could be more or less, but my prediction is it will be about the same. Adjusting your status thru political asylum is the slowest way by far. I wish somebody could tell me that years ago so I don't have to hope every time a open my mail box. Good luck

Iam not referring on AOS. I simply had my asylum interview in april, not the AOS interview. I aplied for asylum in february, they called me in for the interview, and I had to go and pick up my results after the 14 days. Then they told me that I have to get the answer in the mail (the answer if my asylum application was approved or denied) in a couple of weeks. This was 10 weeks ago and I am still waiting not knowing if my case is approved or not. Please guys tell me how long you had to wait till you got your answer on approval or denial. Thank you again

anybody here?Pls answer if you can...Thanks

you should have gotten your approval right there and then when you were asked to come for the interview.my best bet is that yours have been denied as it has happen in the past of people i know.

Actually I have two friends who got their approval in mail eight weeks after the interview. But I have been waiting for 12 weeks now. I am just interested if anybody had ever had to wait more than three months after the interview to get the results.Thanks anyway Bugsy

Hard to tell with the INS, they tend to waste our time. Just be patient you`ll get your stuff...