50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: N-400

I HAD MY CITIZENSHIP INTERVIEW FIVE MONTHS AGO AND STILL HAVE NOT HEARD FROM INS.I AM GETTING WORRIED FOR THAT LONG DELAY.WHAT ARE THE PROBABLE CAUSE?COULD IT BE THAT THERE IS SOME INFORMATION ON MY FILE WHICH I DIDN'T KNOW AND WHICH IS CAUSING THE DELAY.AFTER THE INTERVIEW, THE EXAMINER TOLD ME IT WILL TAKE THREE TO FOUR MONTHS FOR THEM TO REVIEW MY APPLICATION.WHAT STEP I SHOULD TAKE.SHOULD I REQUEST ALL THE COPIES OF MY FILE THROUGH THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT?I WENT INS OFFICE IN NYC WHERE I HAD MY INTERVIEW AND I WAS TOLD MY APPLICATION IS PENDING.WHAT THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN?FRIENDS IN THIS ROOM,YOUR ADVICE AND SUGGESTION WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
    THANKS

I HAD MY CITIZENSHIP INTERVIEW FIVE MONTHS AGO AND STILL HAVE NOT HEARD FROM INS.I AM GETTING WORRIED FOR THAT LONG DELAY.WHAT ARE THE PROBABLE CAUSE?COULD IT BE THAT THERE IS SOME INFORMATION ON MY FILE WHICH I DIDN'T KNOW AND WHICH IS CAUSING THE DELAY.AFTER THE INTERVIEW, THE EXAMINER TOLD ME IT WILL TAKE THREE TO FOUR MONTHS FOR THEM TO REVIEW MY APPLICATION.WHAT STEP I SHOULD TAKE.SHOULD I REQUEST ALL THE COPIES OF MY FILE THROUGH THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT?I WENT INS OFFICE IN NYC WHERE I HAD MY INTERVIEW AND I WAS TOLD MY APPLICATION IS PENDING.WHAT THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN?FRIENDS IN THIS ROOM,YOUR ADVICE AND SUGGESTION WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
    THANKS

ins is obligated to process (adjudicate or deny) an N-400 application in 180 days (3 months) after the final interview unless it's been rerouted to a supervisor for continuenuance (when there are other issues, such as a criminal conviction, an arrest or other "good moral character" factors).
    Good luck!

Contact your local representative or congressman. Let them follow up your papers. Include all necessary papers(duplicates) with your (nice)letter. Good luck!