Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Support Return of Fairness to Immigration Laws

S. 955
    Support Immigrant Fairness Restoration Act of 2001: Introduced by Senators Edward Kennedy (D-MA) and Bob Graham (D-FL), S. 955 would provide comprehensive reform of the 1996 immigration laws, including: eliminating mandatory and indefinite detention; eliminating the bars to admissibility for unlawful presence; restoring waivers of certain grounds of inadmissibility established by the 1996 laws; and restoring due process, proportionality, judicial discretion, and judicial review to immigration law.

H.R. 3894
    Support Restoration of Fairness in Immigration Act of 2002: Introduced by Representative John Conyers (R-MI), H.R. 3894 would restore due process by repealing the retroactivity of IIRAIRA, restore judicial review and discretion, eliminate mandatory detention, and otherwise restore fairness and proportionality.

S. 955
    Support Immigrant Fairness Restoration Act of 2001: Introduced by Senators Edward Kennedy (D-MA) and Bob Graham (D-FL), S. 955 would provide comprehensive reform of the 1996 immigration laws, including: eliminating mandatory and indefinite detention; eliminating the bars to admissibility for unlawful presence; restoring waivers of certain grounds of inadmissibility established by the 1996 laws; and restoring due process, proportionality, judicial discretion, and judicial review to immigration law.

H.R. 3894
    Support Restoration of Fairness in Immigration Act of 2002: Introduced by Representative John Conyers (R-MI), H.R. 3894 would restore due process by repealing the retroactivity of IIRAIRA, restore judicial review and discretion, eliminate mandatory detention, and otherwise restore fairness and proportionality.

Support these bills!

Is it fair to allow aliens with phony passports to remain in the US legally? Is is FAIR? I ask you.
    Is it fair to allow aliens with fake papers to live and work and steal jobs from US citizens? Is it FAIR? I ask you.
    Is it fair to allow teachers to teach their students that violating US laws, direspecting US borders, evading authorities, using fraudulent papers to steal jobs from US citizens is ok if one person thinks it's ok? Who gets to choose? Are these the values we want our children to learn?
    TEll your class about your "husband" who invaded our country with his phony papers and how you want to help him stay in the US because you think he is somehow deserving, because our laws are not to your liking. Explain that one to your classroom.
    Explain the word "ethics" to them.
    Explain the word "law" to them.
    Show them, in the constitution of our land, where it says that you get to decide which laws to obey and which to ignore.
    Explain to one of them who may cheat on a test that he or she will be punished, but your husband, who cheated his way into the US should be given a break.
    Or, tell your class that cheating is OK, as long as any one member of the class thinks it is...after all, who are you to decide?
    Tell your class how unfair it is that the mean old US of A has these "laws" that require a person to provide LEGITIMATE documentation to be lawfully admitted to the US and how, gee, it should be OK for some people to use fraudulent papers and that all questions about who these people are (the selected few) are to be chosen by you.
    Tell your neighbor, who may have lost his or her job to your illegally present husband with his fake papers that you are really sorry that he stole their job, but that our laws are unfair...explain that to the guy or girl's kids who don't have enough money for food or birthday gifts or whatever because your husband stole that job with fake papers....please, explain this to those kids (or, are those kids less deserving because they are not in YOUR class - the classroom of fairness, equity and adherence to the laws of the United States of America?).
    I promise you I have written my representatives with my thoughts on this issue, over and over and over again.
    I would love to sit in your classroom and ask these questions of you.

I would love for Juju to answer these questions in this forum.

Please guest show some compassion ...
    And by the way, the person Number one responsible of a kid is the parent...don't rely on their teacher 100% ...so I hope you're doing a good job at home Teach them tolerance..compassion ..love..etc..

compassion? What about the sancitity of our borders? Perhaps JuJu thinks we should eliminate all regulatory controls over our borders. Why bother to enforce passport/identity/visa controls?Why not let anyone into the US? Or perhaps JuJu thinks she should get to decide to crosses our borders and gets a green card? What are her qualifications?
    Can someone with 1 gram of common sense out there explain to the forum why we should support those who blatantly violate our laws? What about the law-abiding folks waiting their turn for a visa?
    I challenge the readers and contributors of this forum to explain in a logically consistent manner why the US should reward those who commit fraud, use fake papers and passports to enter the US and steal jobs and residency.
    Please, show us the letter you would write our legislators - explain to them why you think that passport control is such a bad idea and how its elimination will enchance the security of our borders?
    Well, ??????????

Guest1 I do not think that she is trying to destroy our border security, but trying to re-unite her family. I am in the same situation and would love for my family to live or even visit the USA. I am a US citizen myself and I will support the bills that she is supporting. That makes 2 of us and I am pretty sure there are more than just 2 US citizens who will support those bills as well. We won't our families here, just like you have yours here.

-Leader

leader and juju i was in same situation my husband was sent home to get papers and then faced 3/10 ban but we never made it to appt. he had an accident 4 days after arriving in his "home" country and sadly passed away, but it has been 2.5 years now and i am still active in trying to see if immigrants are being treated fairlu. i recently had a baby with a man who is in same situation but we are not going to marry unless 245 is brought back i am trying to avoid the same 3/10 ban. anything i can do to help please let me know!!! i went on and sen letters for the ones you are supporting, please do the same for the 245.

YES COMPASSION... I am waiting for a visa in my home country and I do not hate those who tried to get before me because of fraud or whtever...and please stop talking about stealing JOBS and PROPRIETIES..god how stupid you sound then...
    little jobs are not for what you call USC because
    no USC want to clean dishes or do gardens...
    High Tech jobs are taken over by immigrants indian
    because they are better qualified otherwise we would never have brought them to the USC on a visa
    H1..and do not tell me these indian are less paid than a USC for the same job...not all of them ..trust me on this
    I agree with you that law is law and should be respected...but even thoses who made law have some
    compation sometimes...why did they invent WAIVERS
    then ? Could you tell ???
    SO pleaseeeeeeeeeeee stop talking about stealing
    whatever...NONSENSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    God you sound so SOUR...did someone married you just to get his green card than left you ???
    well if it's the case, I feel sorry for you...not all immigrants are like that,,,some marry for real love and go through HELL to get reunited with their love ones....