free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: green card denial..?

My green card expired in May, shortly after I applied for my citizenship, long story short I got denied because of my DUI 2yrs ago, huge mistake, lesson learned. Now finally I scrapped up money to renew my greencard but I'm afraid I will get denied of my greencard for the same reason, is that possible? If so, what are my choices left? Money is hard at the moment and that 390 dollars was hard to come up with living paycheck to paycheck, and I know I won't get it back if I get denied again... help?

Thanks a lot guys,

My green card expired in May, shortly after I applied for my citizenship, long story short I got denied because of my DUI 2yrs ago, huge mistake, lesson learned. Now finally I scrapped up money to renew my greencard but I'm afraid I will get denied of my greencard for the same reason, is that possible? If so, what are my choices left? Money is hard at the moment and that 390 dollars was hard to come up with living paycheck to paycheck, and I know I won't get it back if I get denied again... help?

Thanks a lot guys,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nataliia:

Thanks a lot guys, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your name sounds russian, you will probably come up with million crooked ways to get your gc.
    anyway, i wish you get denied.
    go back to siberia, drink your vodka there and leave us civiziled people alone!
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

You can be deported for DUI. I am surprised they did not put you in proceedings then.

File I-90 with confidence. You will get GC in few months. This form does not ask for any convictions or legal involvement stuff.

If you can not come up with money, look into fee waiver option to see if you can qualify for fee waiver.

I am not Russian. I do have the money now that's why I am wondering if it is safe to apply for a new card or if that can get denied as well, so maybe wait off the next 3 years, then do it. If I wait the 3yrs then I can re-apply for my citizenship...it's 5 yrs clean record.

I am a permenant resident, just my card expires every 10yrs.

You can get deported if you are illegal in the U.S not if you're a permenant resident, like myself. I know a number of people who have DUI's here and no one ever got deported, they're all on green cards.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nataliia:
    I am not Russian. I do have the money now that's why I am wondering if it is safe to apply for a new card or if that can get denied as well, so maybe wait off the next 3 years, then do it. If I wait the 3yrs then I can re-apply for my citizenship...it's 5 yrs clean record.

I am a permenant resident, just my card expires every 10yrs.

You can get deported if you are illegal in the U.S not if you're a permenant resident, like myself. I know a number of people who have DUI's here and no one ever got deported, they're all on green cards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you are a hot chick chances are it won't get denied. do you have a youtube video?
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

haha the hot chick move didn't work in my citizenship application, I'm just a name on an application with a DUI on my record!

no you tubevideos sorry.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If I wait the 3yrs then I can re-apply for my citizenship...it's 5 yrs clean record. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    What if your dirving license expires during this time. You will not be able to renew it without a valid green card. What if you want to go for a new job or school. I will still recommend you to file I-90. If USCIS wanted to deport you due to DUI, they would have done by now.