publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: What happens after submitting an I-30 application?

What happens after submitting an I-30 application?
    I have received a receipt from DHS and I understand that I have to wait 600 to 990 days for processing. I am asking about the actual process (once it starts).

What the process consists of?

What they do with your fingerprints?

What type of background check?

I have never been convicted for any crime but I have been arrested (once). The charges were dismissed (there were false). I have since submitted a petition for expungement, which was granted by a judged.

Because of the complexity of my case I am having an attorney handle it, but I am trying to do my own research.

Any and all information is will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

What happens after submitting an I-30 application?
    I have received a receipt from DHS and I understand that I have to wait 600 to 990 days for processing. I am asking about the actual process (once it starts).

What the process consists of?

What they do with your fingerprints?

What type of background check?

I have never been convicted for any crime but I have been arrested (once). The charges were dismissed (there were false). I have since submitted a petition for expungement, which was granted by a judged.

Because of the complexity of my case I am having an attorney handle it, but I am trying to do my own research.

Any and all information is will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

you should get Certificate of Disposition of your case from that court and keep it with you, as you may need it to show to Immigration Officer. Approval of I-130 depends on category under which your petition is filed. Some categories take longer time and some take less time. After approval of I-130, your file will be sent to National Visa Center and will be kept there untill your Priority date will be near. At that time you will receive a letter from BCIS to appoint an agent. Thereafter they will ask your sponsor to file fee for processing of Affidavit of Support. Then they will send Affidavit of Support and a bill to pay Visa fee to your sponsor. When all paper work is completed then file will be sent to Counsulate concerned or District Office in your area for further processing.
    Good luck.

I filed for AOS and last week I was scheduled for fingerprinting, which I already did. While there, an immigration officer asked me if I had received the I-130 notice of approval? I didn't.

Questions:

1)Does fingerprinting come before or after I-130 is approved?
    2)Do they always send a notice of approval of I-130? If not, does that mean it was not approved yet?
    3)When do they ask the sponsor to file Affidavit of Support? after I-130 was approved and fingerprinting was done?

Thank you guys!