50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-2014
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Can undocumented alien get EAD

Can a undocumented alien who has lived in this country from a todler at age 3 until age 18 apply for work authorization thru a company? where are the job demans. can anyne help?

Can a undocumented alien who has lived in this country from a todler at age 3 until age 18 apply for work authorization thru a company? where are the job demans. can anyne help?

Unfortunately there is no such scheme which can authorize you to get an EAD. If DREAM will be passed and you have completed High School Diploma, then you will be eligible to adjust your status as permanent resident.
    Good luck.

Thanks! I was not scheming, Just frustrated and somewhat lost. Probably looking for a miracle. Why don't you good people write to your congress representatives and ask them to support the bill? It was approved by the judiciary since August of 2001. wow...wow...wow

I feel for you. I have already written my congressman about 245i. I will write him again soon about Dream. I have a neice in the same situation. When she turns 18 she won't be ablet to work, even though she was brought here as a young child and it wasn't her fault.

WHY UNDOCUMENTED PERSON SHOULD WORRY ABOUT A DOCUMENT i.e EAD. MY OBSERVATION IS THAT UNDOCUMENTED PERSONS ARE MORE RELAXED & LESS WORRIED THAN DOCUMENTED ONES BECAUSE THEY ARE FREE FROM THE HESSEL OF KEEPING/MAINTAINING & UPDATING THEIR DOCUMENTS. SO ENJOY THE LIFE U ARE USED TO IT.

I dunno, XX, there are lots of advantages to having an EAD, and it sure makes it easier to switch jobs if you want to or report workplace abuse. Not having to use fake ids and social security numbers (which are already crimes, and the penalties are getting more severe as identity theft laws are being enacted and updated around the country) to get a job is also a plus, not to mention that if you become truly documented (i.e., an LPR) you don't have to worry about deportation . . . .

Living in this situation is not fun. probably as a child, but as one matures and discovers that there is an obstacle that destroy all hopes and dreams regardless of intelligence every thing seem impossible, it is really difficult to even have friends much more have a good time. It is not just the papers, but actually life is over at 18.Every day is a task to survive.Look I<ve lived here for all of my memory. I have no knowledge of where I was born. I was educated here, as a matter of fact I attended parochial school before I went to elementary school. My parents are tax payers. I have a TIN number, but that does not mean much. I cannot drive, It is hard to pursue a higher education, I do not have an ID, I cannot work. Am I to hold to my dreams even if they are ashes? I am one of those who Jackson Lee refers to in the bill# 240A(b)(3) as transplanted child. There seemed to be so many bills thay say the same thing. How I pray for some one to combine these bills and bring it to the full senate for debate soon. Honestly I am dying! My siblings are ok, because they are USC or should I say United States Nationals. I am exhausted. My parents have exhausted all avenues. The only one left is suspension of deportation. However I will still be left out. I belong to no where. It is an awful feeling.

ladd, i understand and feel for u completely cuz i'm in the same situation except that recently my mother petitioned for me. i graduated with honors. i got scholarships but i needed documents to prove i was legal and i'm telling you, i was crushed. my senior year in high sch was so devastating. and i remember in my junior year when all my mates were getting their driver's licenses and working. i wished my parents hadn't brought me here then cuz i wasn't happy at all. so i'll have to say be strong and keep your head up. i got a question, what are your parents status'? they can't petition for you? i feel your pain cuz my other five siblings were born here. actually i thought i was the only one with this problem so you are not alone. take care

Thanks, I thought that there wasn't much like me. I am angry with my parents also. You see they are married and strongly disapprove certain things that many of their friends did and are citizens today. They are out of status also. I know that God has forgiven them, so I am trying to do the same. It is so hard. Probably if we spoke spanish we would have gotten thru already. This is mind bobbling. No one knows trhe pain and stress. At present it is God who is keeping me, also I am a very diverse musician, so I lost my self playing music most of the time. Thanks again.