50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: 1-129F

This is my first time ever using this website. I am currently engaged to a Brazilian women. I am a US citizen and I am starting the process to bring her over here. I was just wondering how long this process typically takes? Do you guys recommend on gettin a lawyer? Is there anything you guys feel that I need to know before I begin this process? Oh yeah, my last question, is it possible for my fiancee to come over here with a tourist visa and than get the 1-129F Visa?? Thanks everyone for the help.

Sincerely,

This is my first time ever using this website. I am currently engaged to a Brazilian women. I am a US citizen and I am starting the process to bring her over here. I was just wondering how long this process typically takes? Do you guys recommend on gettin a lawyer? Is there anything you guys feel that I need to know before I begin this process? Oh yeah, my last question, is it possible for my fiancee to come over here with a tourist visa and than get the 1-129F Visa?? Thanks everyone for the help.

Sincerely,

If you apply for fiancé visa, it is likely to take anywhere from 4-8 months, depending on where you are in the U.S. and also depending on how long the consulate in Brazil takes. I would suggest that you get a lawyer (but then again, I am a lawyer so my opinion may be biased). As for your fiancée to come on a tourist visa, she surely can come on a visitor visa, but be careful about that. Non-immigrant intent is presumed on the part of the alien coming into U.S. on a visitor visa. That it, if a person is coming on B1-B2 visa then they have indicated that they don't have an intention of immigrating to the U.S. But, in your fiancée's case, the presumption of immigrant intent is hard to overcome, since she is already engaged to you and probably plans to immigrate to U.S. So, if she enters on visitor visa primarily to come to the U.S. to get married, then the BCIS can presume misrepresentation and that can cause serious problems. Another, problem that an alien could face is that, even if the alien does get a visitor visa, but when that alien shows up at the port of entry and upon the finding on immigrant intent by the BCIS, they could be sent back from the port of entry, thus causing serious immigration problems and trauma of being detained and sent back. So one must be careful about using the visitor visa if one is planning on getting married to a U.S. citizen. Fiancé visa takes a little longer but is the better, probably more legitimate, and less risky way to go. Hope this helps, if you need more info, you can write to me at jbrar@xmission.com or call me at (801) 269-9541.

Do not hire a lawyer!!!

If you can read and write you can comeplete the process yourself without any problems. My husband and I are recently married on a I-129F, we completed the forms ourselves and it took about 6 months (going through Nebraska service center which is the slowest)it may seem overwhelming and stressful at first, but it's absolutly the opposite. If you do things correctly the first time you won't have future prolems

Please email me at zelda1978_2000@yahoo.com, and I will help you through the whole entire process. I will share my stories with you and give you any advice you need.

Jen is right, I-129F is pretty easy to do yourself. Make sure you include all the documents and correct fee the first time and you will be just fine.

if you and your fiance wanted to be together. Have her apply for a tourist visa first, and once that is approved (usually only taking 1-3 weeks) she can come here and then start the fiance visa while she's here (perfectly legal) she only has to be in her coutry for medical and interview, so that means when you recieve the 2nd notice of action she should start thinking about going home. Because the US will be notifying her country within the next 7-21 days, and she absolutly has to be at home for this. Otherwise your petition will be void.

Or you can just start the process now, it will be hard to get here into the US, while the pettion is pending.

It's much easier also to file for a k1 visa, then get married first and then file for the k3 visa....

I pray that you are residing in the Vermont service area....for they are the fastest and whip out approvals usually within 30-45 days.

Good luck...again feel free to email me.

zelda1978_2000@yahoo.com

Jenny

It is more than a little difficult in my case...since I have filed an I-129F for my Cuban fiancee. She couldn't get a tourist visa on a bet...nor could most other South or Central American women unless they are rich or have very obvious things that tie them to their own countries.

Anyone ever try to bring a Cuban in on an I-129F?

I am not a lawyer and don't play one on TV. As a matter of fact I really tend to avoid most of them like the plague. However, there are a few times that I feel they are really important to have one and Immigration is at the top of the list.

If you want to spend the next few years making all the mistakes most people make when filing out forms, going to interviews, etc., and of course all mistakes cost money and delay the processing time, and they are long enough already, then do it yourself.

I wish I went to a lawyer when I started my process in 1999. I am still fighting the INS and State Department. Life is not fair and you as the petitioner, you are at the mercy of the government. They can say anything, you know that what they are saying is not correct and no one will listen to you even with verifiable proof. It's you against them and you will most likely loose. Do yourself a favor and get a lawyer and spare the heartache.