50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Question on I-129F for anyone who has info

An INS officer told me regarding my I-129F filed at NBC that the background check is complete. There are no red flags on my app. Nothing is missing or wrong. The file is waiting to be adjudicated by an INS officer.

Does this mean that the worst part is over? Does the INS officer just have to approve/disapprove it and send it to NVC?

Please reply.

An INS officer told me regarding my I-129F filed at NBC that the background check is complete. There are no red flags on my app. Nothing is missing or wrong. The file is waiting to be adjudicated by an INS officer.

Does this mean that the worst part is over? Does the INS officer just have to approve/disapprove it and send it to NVC?

Please reply.

This means the first part of your long wait is almost over. After NVC, it goes to foreign embassy. Most of your/your fiance/spouse's tough questions/answers will be at the interview with embassy.

But, Julie, they haven't started processing my I-129F, yet.

The officer told me last week that all the background check is done on my file and there is nothing wrong with my app anywhere. Do you think she meant that both CLASS and IBIS checks are done with and my file is just waiting to be decided upon?

I contacted my congressman, today. He will call MSC in a few days and let me know.

Julie, this is very hard for me. How long do you think it will take. They are processing early August. I filed mine on 08/11.

Goldrush. I filed originally 3/12/03. My spouse is just now been scheduled for K3 interview 11/10/03. The wait is hard for everyone. BCIS/US Embassies ****

Is DCF significantly faster? I know ppl who did DCF in India and got here in 6 months (total time from app filing to visa issuance).

Yours is 8 months. Mine is probably going to be the same.

So, does it make a difference?

Also, when was your I-129F approved and when did your file go to Bombay?

DCF is only available thru Delhi and its significantly faster, some as quick as 3 months. My 129F only took 6 wks to process (this was when there were no delays reported in processing centers) & my file went to Mumbai on 4/29/03.