50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: --"SAMMY, facing deportation hearing-town where live wants me as citizen"

Contact www.aila.org

An attorney there will help you pro bono.

THANKYOU ALL FOR YOUR KIND RESPONCES TO MY SITUATION, IN SPITE OF THE FACT THAT SAMMY DID NOT. I THANK YOU ALL.
    TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS (4NOW) ASKED:YES, I DID APPLY FOR UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE.YOU GUESSED IT, IT WAS IN ESSENCE DENIED BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO APPLY FOR 2 JOBS EACH WEEK AND BE ABLE TO GO TO WORK. I'M PHYSICALLY ABLE, BUT HAVE NO DOCUMENTS TO BE ABLE TO WORK. SORT OF A CATCH 22.
    4NOW I HAVE NOT CONTACTED THE FBI AGENT YET. HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT IT THOUGH. NOT SURE HOW TO GO ABOUT FINDING HIM.
    THERE HAS BEEN A LOT OF GOOD INFORMATION BUT NOT REALLY ANY ANSWERS. I HAVE NOT TRIED OTHER IMMIGRATION DISCUSSION BOARDS. I DON'T KNOW WHICH OTHERS ARE GOOD? ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
    THANKS AGAIN TO ALL, EVEN FOR THE TAROT CARD READING!

East Hampton [Long Island], New York [USA]
    Chuck:

Sorry to reply late. I did not visit this site since this thread is created. I want you to know also that I've just now also reviewed your all posts under all kind of different threads, whether those are under your name of 'Chuck' or 'chicopanza'. It was very important for me to review your whole situation or case-history carefully so that I can analazye your case well and properly before I may give my opinion. I also found there that time to time you had called-in my name for help. I am sorry that I was not able to answer you previously, because I did not read your posts or threads before until only now. There is something making me get confused. You have mentioned here that this is about your situation, but then on all those different threads/posts, you had been saying that it is about your friend's situation, so I don't know whose case is it. Anyway, it doesn't make any difference though. However, I assume that it is about you.

I don't understand why you were even asked at first place to interpret for prosecutor in Murder case? Are you very well-known person that everybody comes to you for help, or you happened to be lucky to be choosen for this service somehow? I mean-I am wondering WHY ONLY YOU were asked for this service. It is so nice of you that you felt that it was your duty to help the community as a member of the community, and everyone should think so, but you knew that you have no legal status in this country, so were you not scared to be deported at that time? I know lots of aliens, when they live here for a long time or if they get involved in some way with community, they think that they can walk/do anything as they want as a free bird. They think they knew everything, and nothing would happen to them ever since they have been living here for a long time. Most of time, they think that they are better than USC as far as knowledge and other things go. I am not saying that you also thought or think the same, but I am talking here most of illegals people I came to know.

In my view, you should have thought hard before you went to help prosecutor on that murder case. Just because you had been walking as a free bird on this land since you kept the foot on this land, and were not questioned the legal status until then, as well just because you have come to know so many influencial people in the society, still all these don't mean that you have the right to think that everything is ok what you had been doing, and that nothing would happen to you. Police chief did the right thing in reporting you to INS because Police Cheif was supposed to uphold the law anyhow. You were/are an illegal alien, plain and simple. As you had work permit previously under 'Public Interest Permit' and now have so many recommendations from all kind of different influecial people, you are now expecting to get a 'home-run' based on that alone. But you are forgetting that you are a lawbreaker, who DELIBERATELY diregarded and broke the laws when entered here illegally and continued to stay here illegally, and now when you got trouble with INS, then you are trying to find something for your own interest. I think it should have been clearned to you by now that those "influencial" people can not help you as far as immigration matter goes.

Yes, there is a law, in which INS can grant you a status under 'Public Interest' if you help the govt to apprehand/convict certain criminals. But you never helped the govt even though they did grant you temparory permit for 3 yrs. Before, INS thought that you could help them, but then after 2 yrs they realized that you are useless to them as far as using you as an undercover informant, that's why they backed out on you even though they talked about you to go another town with wired tapping. Because, they already realized that you can not pull those plan succusively, espeically when you did not find anything for them in those 3 yrs. You were so lucky that they even chose you as their undercover informant at first place, otherwise other people just get picked up, detained and get deported. You did not have anything special that made them to give you work permit under 'Public Interest waiver', especially you were a lawbreaker yourself. I know why they did this favor on you, because INS really wanted to you have status, and under the immigration law-they can not give you any status except this 'public interest waiver', so they helped you indirectly so that you can get papers, but you did not come up with anything for them to help you, because there was no any arrest and conviction of a criminal in order for INS to grant you a legal status. They helped you because they got very strong recommendation from prosecutor and Police Chief, otherwise you would have been detained and deported by now.

To be honest- you really don't have any case at all under this 'public Interest Waiver' because you did not help the govt to get any arrest and conviction. And even though you have tons of recommendations from influencial people, yet still those won't help you. Everyone would be blessed to be a undercover informant if getting the status would be that easy. Don't you know that how many people are living here illegally for more than even 20 yrs, and working very odd job under minimum wages despite of being well qualified, because they don't have any status? You were lucky to be choosen for this so that you could have legal status. But you did not come to their expectation. However, I still believe that INS still thinking to help you thru giving some kind of assignment, because they haven't issued NTA to you yet, otherwise you would have already issued NTA. It doesn't take that long to put you on removal proceedings. But, we don't know what they will do. Nevertheless, worst to worst, you need to be prepared for removal proceedings from now on.

The way it is looked as of now, it is seemed pretty sure that you will be placed on removal proceedings, so all you have to do is to be ready to fight your removal case. Based upon the information I got from your posts, I personally believe honestly that you will prevail on removal proceedings. WHY? Because-[1] you said that you have been living here continuously since 1991, which means more than 12 yrs, and 7yrs or 10yrs are only required for removal proceedings [7 yrs for suspension of removal, and 10 yrs for cancellation of removal]; [2] if you have never been convicted for any crime and has been a good person so far then you establish a good moral character, which is also required for cancellation of removal proceedings,[3] since you have a child [USC], who is 9 yrs old then you can establish extreme and unusual hardship to your this child. Your child's age is favorable to have decision in yr favor, otherwise if child is younger than this age, then judge will deny any hardship claims to child. But you should prepare enough evidences to prove extreme and ususual hardship to your child; [4] Your solid involvement int the community is a very solid point in your favor. Arrange as many documentations/recommendations you can; [5] in order to prove hardship to you, you need to present the evidence that your life would devastically be changed because of empolyment rate and depreciation of currency in your home country [Mexico]. You need to present documenary evidence to prove your claims, [6] Judge will also see that you have been working most of time when you were here illegally and were paying taxes [not like those b-u-m people, who don't work], [7] Arrange all the morgage papers, so it will prove that you really got mingled with american soceity and it would hard for you to live in your country. It will show that you were committed to mingle with american society. There are tons of things you have to arrange, and I can write everything here, but I can list those in the future when you really need. You should try to find good lawyer also, who will show compassion to your case and not to your money. Right now, you have time in your hand, which you won't have later, so you should try to shop for attorney. You don't need to hire them now, but just to see how compassionate they are, and how much they would charge you if you will be placed on removal proceedings.You should be ready.

As far as your worriedness for not working without having any legal papers, then if I am not wrong I did read somewhere on your another thread that you had papers and SS# previously, which you said that were not yours, so I assume that you were working [5yrs out 8yrs] under false papers before having the real papers from INS in 2000 [3 yrs out of 8 yrs], right? Well, asnwer to this question won't make any diffence to your immigration case, but the reason why I asked this is- if you were working under phony papers before, then why don't you work under those phony papers somewhere else to survive until your case is streightened up. And, if you ever had worked illegally for the same employer then I think he can still let you work even if you don't have any permit to work since he did hire you before. He can still hire you under the table if you have good understanding with him. I am not saying what you should you have to do, instead you should give the thoughts to all this options until you would have your papers.

Sammy,

You speak out of both sides of your mouth. You tell Chuck that he probably will prevail based on a number of factors including "[2] if you have never been convicted for any crime and has been a good person so far then you establish a good moral character, which is also required for cancellation of removal proceedings,"

Then, in the final paragraph you tell him to go out and work illegally again. "then why don't you work under those phony papers somewhere else to survive until your case is streightened up".

I don't think the judge is going to look too highly on Chuck if he is blatantly disobeying the law, especially during the interim before his hearing. How is this exhibiting "good moral character"?

irritated:

I don't find anything wrong to SAMMY's opinion, please avoid posting criticizing people that only comes here to help others, as you know he is USC and only helps others here. If you don't like his opinion about chuck's case keep it to yourself otherwise we might loose him from this board...because I would be very upset if I would have spent all the time he did to give a clear and helpful explanation and someone would come to criticizeme the way you did.

I'd be very upset too if I was deported. I guess I'm the only person willing to exercise caution when it comes to a serious matter such as Chuck's. Others seem more cavalier in their attitudes. This is a situation that could result in him being deported. It should not be taken lightly. As I said before, he should find a sympathetic attorney ASAP. The last thing he needs to be doing is going out and finding more illegal work!

I realize that Sammy is a beloved figure on here. I hate to spoil the party. As has been mentioned before, we are each free to post our own opinions. You can ignore my opinion if you so choose. That is your perogative. I'm just trying to help out Chuck and not get him deported.

Very good idea someone12...It really didnt come in my mind...lets ask olp to tell something here...

Sometimes we all have to do whatever it is that we have to do to survive. But that is between that person and God. This man has a family, legal bills now and more to come to help insure that he can stay here. Chuck was dealt a bad blow trying to help and do the right thing, in turn maybe all will turn out well in the end and be legal.

What is he supposed to do????? Suggestions for Chuck please from those of you that criticize.
    He has been looking for all the ways possible to work or make money legally now including Uunemployment but those doors are closed. If a poor person comes to your door and ask for help, What is your response..... I hope you find help soon or Would you give that person your help or food ? Please think about this board in the same way.

I respect Sammy , first for his response to Chuck, because he didnt have to, but he did take the time to read all of his posts and make a determiantion of his situation. Chuck has waited a long time and in the end it paid off b/c sammy gave him his expert advice and opinion.

2nd.. because he had the "guts" to say what I felt and I am sure many of here also felt. There are always restaurnats/construction and employment agencies that hire off the books without use of illegal SS# or documents. There are more than 100,000 USC who do this "work under the table".

For those that criticize and stand on ceremony about the work advice, please put your monies where your mouth is and donate to Chucks plight... Send money or suggest a way for him to support his family in a legal way. Talk is cheap

Chuck... U do what U need to. God helps those that help themselves.

Vaya Con Dios

4now:

Are you Hispanic?