free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving to all

I must admit, that I have been visiting this forum a lot and I've also learned a lot. Thanks to all of you and also to the staff of the ILW discussion board.

Everyday is our chance to thank for what we have, especially our family, our home. And my prayer goes to everyone who are challenged by the immigration laws to preserve family unity. Honestly, I found a lot of good people here in the board that I made friends with, and I am grateful for that.

God bless us all and Have a Family Turkey Day too!

I must admit, that I have been visiting this forum a lot and I've also learned a lot. Thanks to all of you and also to the staff of the ILW discussion board.

Everyday is our chance to thank for what we have, especially our family, our home. And my prayer goes to everyone who are challenged by the immigration laws to preserve family unity. Honestly, I found a lot of good people here in the board that I made friends with, and I am grateful for that.

God bless us all and Have a Family Turkey Day too!

A little early these wishes, huh? And then, most of the people here are immigrants, they may not celebrate American holidays...

My kids and husband and his whole clan are all USCs, and I have already adapted this american culture, and it's one of the nicest things!

Period!

For those of you who aren't interested in celebrating TG - Happy Thursday!!! Have a good week!!! Have a good life!!!! or if you prefer be miserable forever, but I wish happiness for you all anyway.

for the rest of us... Thanks afriend!!!! It was really a lovely idea to wish us (or those of us who care) a nice thanksgiving. I will definitely be celebrating, and although my husband won't this year... we both hope he will be next year.

(because heck he isn't going to turn down an excuse to hang out with family and eat a good meal!!)

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

whats thanksgiving?

please people you are not going to make a big deal out of a simple sentence..somebody just wished you happy thanksgiving so if you feel like wishing it you too fine and if you don't celebrate fine too...respect each other tradition but stop being so rude and heinous...

Wow! I just read this newspaper editorial with all of these great "litle known facts" about thanksgiving, I wish I had it handy. Unfortunately I don't....

So a more traditional explanation will have to do.

Thanksgiving is considered a day to give thanks, but with no religious connotations.

It was originated when the pilgrams settled the country and some native americans (specifically one by the name of squanto, who was former slave in spain) helped the settlers harvest food and thereby survive the long winter.

The first winter the ration per person averaged to about 5 kernals of corn per day, many of the settlers died... so the next year, before the actual harvest meal each settler was served a plate with nothing but five kernals of corn to remind them of the winter before and to help them be more appreciative of what they had for the coming winter.

Nowadays, Thanksgiving is traditionally spent among family and/or close friends and a huge meal (often turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, etc.) is prepared and enjoyed by everyone.

It is a day that often reminds people to be grateful for the things they have.

So, in tribute to Thanksgiving I will give a list of some of the things that I am grateful for

(and even if you consider thanksgiving an american holiday that you are not interested in celebrating, it might be a good opportunity to think of the positive things that you can be grateful for in life, rather than just the hard times.)

I am grateful
    *for my husband (a wonderful strong caring man, who in spite of our difficulties with INS is still alive, and fulfilling me even from a distance)
    *for my family that has always loved me and supported me and continues to do so.
    *for my blessing of being born in the USA and never truly knowing hunger nor fear of leaving the house
    *for my friends
    *for the people on this board (especially afriend, mohan, rpc, etc. that have tried to help me, and others)
    *for Janiss' supporting my husband and I as people, even though she might have reservations about what my husband has done.
    *for the opportunity to study exactly what I want
    *for my life
    *for my general state of health
    *for laughter
    *for sunsets
    *for love
    *for books
    *for cozy evenings spent in front of the fire
    *for hugs
    *for rainbows
    *for a good glass of wine
    *for an opportunity to travel in my life
    *for all of the wonders of this world
    *and for so many other things....

Like what my mother in law said, we give thanks for the harvest of love, caring, healing, peace and joy we have cultivated and reaped.

I have so much that I am grateful for, first of all for the gift of life, my husband, my children, my family and friends and just for being in this country, job, health, etc, etc.

It's good to have 4 days weekend.

I realized that not everyone in this board is in the US. Thanksgiving is an American holiday celebrated, Thursday in November. As the word implies, it's a day of thanks.

Spouse thank you for sharing the meaning of Thanksgiving and I am grateful for all of you.