50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Mohan or Umesh please help

I received a letter from INS to appear at their office in houston to fill out I-89. They asked for my employment authorization card, fingerprinted(index finger) me and took two of my ADIT photos. They did not ask for my passport though for stamping. Do I need to go back for stamping? The case status online says that

I181 CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE was received on April 11th, it takes about 30 to 60 days to come to a decision.

The letter for I-89 was sent on 12-19-02. Completed I-89 on 12-27-02... Please help?

I want to travel and would like to know if i have to apply for AP

I received a letter from INS to appear at their office in houston to fill out I-89. They asked for my employment authorization card, fingerprinted(index finger) me and took two of my ADIT photos. They did not ask for my passport though for stamping. Do I need to go back for stamping? The case status online says that

I181 CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE was received on April 11th, it takes about 30 to 60 days to come to a decision.

The letter for I-89 was sent on 12-19-02. Completed I-89 on 12-27-02... Please help?

I want to travel and would like to know if i have to apply for AP

It will be better if you wait till you get your Green Card. They will stamp your Passport, only when they will adjust your status. So you must wait for that and postpone your visit abroad.

I thought that I-89 meant that the application was approved? Thanks for your reply.

Do you need your passport for your AOS interview? If you don't have a new one can they just give you a cert. to prove my aos was granted?

To Guest:
    Yes, you need a valid Passport which will be stamped at the time of AOS. Your Passport represents Citizenship of your country and is an important document, which should be always in safe custody.