50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: can i get EAD, PR while out of the U.S?

hello,
    i really need some help.questions are:

(1) can i apply for EAD while i am here in Dominica? i want to ensure that i can work before going to florida.

(2) how can i get a sponsor in florida? I am a qualified teacher and want to put things in place before i move to the U.S, so as to be comfortable when i arrive.

(3) presently my husband is in florida, he has a 6 months stay (visa) and he needs a job. what can he do legally to find a job? what steps should he take?

hello,
    i really need some help.questions are:

(1) can i apply for EAD while i am here in Dominica? i want to ensure that i can work before going to florida.

(2) how can i get a sponsor in florida? I am a qualified teacher and want to put things in place before i move to the U.S, so as to be comfortable when i arrive.

(3) presently my husband is in florida, he has a 6 months stay (visa) and he needs a job. what can he do legally to find a job? what steps should he take?

No, you cannot get EAD if you are outside of US even if you have visitor's visa like your husband,you cannot have EAD as this is given only with proper visas like K1,H1B, etc.

You should have an H1B visa if you think you want to work right away.You should have your teachings credentials evaluated whether it is at par with US standard.
    There is no easy road in finding a job here in the US even if you have doctorate degree from foreign country.
    If you are a math or science teacher or special education teacher you will see a lot of posting throughout the year in many schools.
    You have not mention what visa your husband holds and that he will be working without papers might not be a good idea.Good luck anyway.

then how do i get a H1B visa? we both have visitors visa (10 years indefinite)

so should i wait till i go to the U.S to apply for a work permit? or should i work on getting a sponsor?

what can i do while i am here? (in dominica)

As the name says "visitor visa" is for visiting and you can't obtain work permit/EAD with that type of visa. Here's a link to info for different types of visa.

http://www.usvisanews.com/vinfo.html

figure out on how you can make a difference in the US? Do you possess proper credentials that would make educational innovations ? Find a school district that can sponsor you? Of course, you can work illegal but you know the consequence of that.
    EADs or working permits are not issued at the US embassy or consulate.
    This is not the best time to look for jobs in general in the US.The post 9/11 scenario is not good economically, immigration is so strict and US labor department is doing a lot of rejections of sponsorsip as there are a lot of US citizens who are jobless.Wait until things will be smooth again.

so are you saying that my husband should stay jobless in florida? he has to do something and i mean leagally. but what legal steps can he make?

on my part the school districts especially in palm beach where i am interested do not sponsor. they told me so- they also said that i can get a teaching job but , i need a work permit before they can consider me.

Since your husband has B1/B2 visa he cannot work and there is way that his papers can be approved right away by INS assuming there is a willing sponsor.Processing of papers take months and pass thru stages,hence if he came to US with that in might he might be in trouble as has "immigrant intent".
    Note, however, Florida is not the US.You cannot afford to be selective as this would limit your chances.Good luck and I will end my piece of advice here and let's listen to the others.Again wishing you luck and do things legally so you will have peace of mind and make a good start should you be successful in finding job here.

correction, there is no way his papers can be approved...

Like previously stated, the purpose of a tourist visa is to come as a tourist. If you indicate to INS that your intention is to come and work in US...or do anything that's beyond visiting and leaving when your trip is over, they will likely not let you in. Your visa in your passport (which is an ENTRY visa) may be valid for 10 years, but that doesn't mean you can stay 10 years straight without leaving. Your visa status is something quite different. When you enter the US, the INS officer will indicate on your I-94 how long you may remain in the country (probably 6 months).

In order to work, a B visa will not help you, you will need a different type of visa, ex H1 visa. To qualify for an H1 visa you need a bachelor's degree, and the position has to require a bachelors degree as well.