publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Can anyone share their I-129F NSC experiences?

On November 21, 2002, I was awarded notice of action from Nebraska Service Center for my Hong Kong fiancee's I-129F. The notice says 70 to 100 days for approval. I am FULLY aware (and expecting) that the process will probably take longer (i'm estimating 120 to 150 days). Can anyone share their I-129F NSC experiences with me so that I will know "something". It's so sad and burdensome, for those of us who are going through this process, that up-to-date information is so very hard to come by. Ultimately, we end up being captive to misinformation and speculation. I'm a patient guy. I am willing to accept that this process will not be quick. But, I cannot deal with "knowing absolutely nothing". From what I have read, reported processing times mean very little in the end. Some people say that the service center reported 60 to 90 days. Then they are estatic that it happened in 50 days. Others claim to have been given that same 60 to 90 day estimate; only to now be 150 days out - and they cannot get a single answer/reponse why or what is going on. THAT is troubling. Of course, I am only 40 days in to my timeline. However, I'm searching for even an inch of encouragement.

Also, I have been told that - as long as the I-129F application is complete, that the couple HAS a legitimate relationship, and that the fiancee' is NOT from a high risk country - the INS rarely denies approval. Has anyone ever heard of INS simply ambiguously denying approval under such favorable circumstances?

Does anyone have an experience/opinion that they can share with me? I would very much appreciate it!

On November 21, 2002, I was awarded notice of action from Nebraska Service Center for my Hong Kong fiancee's I-129F. The notice says 70 to 100 days for approval. I am FULLY aware (and expecting) that the process will probably take longer (i'm estimating 120 to 150 days). Can anyone share their I-129F NSC experiences with me so that I will know "something". It's so sad and burdensome, for those of us who are going through this process, that up-to-date information is so very hard to come by. Ultimately, we end up being captive to misinformation and speculation. I'm a patient guy. I am willing to accept that this process will not be quick. But, I cannot deal with "knowing absolutely nothing". From what I have read, reported processing times mean very little in the end. Some people say that the service center reported 60 to 90 days. Then they are estatic that it happened in 50 days. Others claim to have been given that same 60 to 90 day estimate; only to now be 150 days out - and they cannot get a single answer/reponse why or what is going on. THAT is troubling. Of course, I am only 40 days in to my timeline. However, I'm searching for even an inch of encouragement.

Also, I have been told that - as long as the I-129F application is complete, that the couple HAS a legitimate relationship, and that the fiancee' is NOT from a high risk country - the INS rarely denies approval. Has anyone ever heard of INS simply ambiguously denying approval under such favorable circumstances?

Does anyone have an experience/opinion that they can share with me? I would very much appreciate it!

I just filed myself. I called the service center, and they're just now working I-129F forms that were filed in July, 2002. So, sit tight. It looks like what they have posted is inaccurate.

Give it time, and it will work out. If it's not too much trouble, post back here when you get yours done, as an indicator to the rest of us. Thanks.