free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Please help! Local INS vs. NBC Missouri Processing time question

Hello everyone,

In summary, if your local INS office sends its Family based cases to NBC MIssouri for initial processing, how do you determine the processing time? Do you add the local office processing time to the NBC processing time? Or do you rely on the NBC timeline only, since it's slower?

I am ready to file I-130/485/765 with the Denver local INS office based on marriage to USC wife. The processing time for Denver looks good on the INS website, it was something like:

I-765 October 28th, 2003
    I-485 June 15th, 2003

However, I heard also that Denver is one of the first offices that already has begun sending all their Family based cases to NBC for initial processing. And NBC's processing time is something like:

I-765 July 2003
    I-485 Feb. 2003

What does this mean when I file AOS here in Denver? If they just send everything from Denver to NBC anyway, does it mean that I will not receive an EAD (from my I-765 application) for close to 5 or 6 months? If NBC is slower, then what does the Denver Local INS' I-765 processing time mean?

I am sure I am not the only one in this situation. Please, is there anyone who can help?

At the minimum, does anyone know the ACTUAL list of cities that are sending their family AOS cases to MIssouri?

Hello everyone,

In summary, if your local INS office sends its Family based cases to NBC MIssouri for initial processing, how do you determine the processing time? Do you add the local office processing time to the NBC processing time? Or do you rely on the NBC timeline only, since it's slower?

I am ready to file I-130/485/765 with the Denver local INS office based on marriage to USC wife. The processing time for Denver looks good on the INS website, it was something like:

I-765 October 28th, 2003
    I-485 June 15th, 2003

However, I heard also that Denver is one of the first offices that already has begun sending all their Family based cases to NBC for initial processing. And NBC's processing time is something like:

I-765 July 2003
    I-485 Feb. 2003

What does this mean when I file AOS here in Denver? If they just send everything from Denver to NBC anyway, does it mean that I will not receive an EAD (from my I-765 application) for close to 5 or 6 months? If NBC is slower, then what does the Denver Local INS' I-765 processing time mean?

I am sure I am not the only one in this situation. Please, is there anyone who can help?

At the minimum, does anyone know the ACTUAL list of cities that are sending their family AOS cases to MIssouri?

Maximu76,

Thanks for your reply, Could you be more specific? Do you mean that if my case is resent by Denver INS to NBC Missouri, then I will get EAD when NBC Missouri processes my I-765? If this is true, then it is bad because Denver used to allow same-day EAD's until they started resending everything to NBC. I do need to start working and earn an income right away to support my own household, is there anything I can do to get the EAD sooner?

What was your city and situation? Could you tell me what your experience with Local and NBC INS has been on getting the EAD?

Thanks again,

I'm kind of in the same situation...
    My time line:

6/12/03 - got married to USC (3 yr
    relationship)
    6/30/03 - lost my job (was in H1B status)
    9/15/03 - filed for AOS with attorney $ sent
    to Miami BCIS office
    10/22/03- date of receipt for I485 & I765
    (both was sent to MO office (??)
    10/27/03- schedualed for finger printing

As of today i'm still waiting and haven't received ANYTHING....and with no idea of when i will receive EAD...i made a post earlier about the company that wanted to hire me wanting to send me home to their other branch but I did not filr I-130...I think by the time i file and get that approved i will get my EAD...but by then I might lose this opportunity