free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOUND GREEN CARD

I found a mans permanent resident card on the sidewalk in front of my apartment. I do not see an address or any other info on how to contact him. Is there a way to return this mans card without going through the INA? any advice or suggestions are appreciated greatly, thank you.

sincerely,
    too familiar with the INA

I found a mans permanent resident card on the sidewalk in front of my apartment. I do not see an address or any other info on how to contact him. Is there a way to return this mans card without going through the INA? any advice or suggestions are appreciated greatly, thank you.

sincerely,
    too familiar with the INA

Hi Elle3 and welcome to ILW.

The best advice I could give you would be to hand it in to the local Police. The LPR in question may go there to report it lost or stolen.

If anything I am sure the Police could locate his address or something to let him know
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Hi Sprint_girl07!
    This is great advice, I have a friend who works at the neighborhood precinct and maybe he will be more inclined to deliver such a request in case the man did not report it missing. I had not thought of this so thank you for responding!!!

ps. I am very happy to have found this site, more than I can express in one word

Elle3, are u sure it's a green card and not an EAD you found? They both look similar. Also, what ethnicity is the man. My B.F lost his EAD recently and had to pay another $340 to replace it - only for the USCIS to deny his EAD for no reason at all. Are u in Brooklyn, NY?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarahcox:
    Elle3, are u sure it's a green card and not an EAD you found? They both look similar. Also, what ethnicity is the man. My B.F lost his EAD recently and had to pay another $340 to replace it - only for the USCIS to deny his EAD for no reason at all. Are u in Brooklyn, NY? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a bunch of horse manure we have here. A person finds a green card and accidentally finds ILW. Registers and posts a stupid question. Then a day later another poster accidentally finds ILW and joins ILW. Replies stating her BF lost an EAD. You guys are funny, cracking me up.
    If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

A9, if you noticed Sarahcox registered in 2007 and has posted here before.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

East Hampton [Long Island], New York [USA]
    You may choose to send it back to local INS office. And you don't have to go in person to return it; instead just mail it them. You may also use gloves to put it back inside the envelope so that INS wouldn't have your fingerprints in there...in case if you are worry about it. They have this person's address in file. So obviously, they will contact him; otherwise he is going to contact them anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elle3:

sincerely,
    too familiar with the INA </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
    A9, if you noticed Sarahcox registered in 2007 and has posted here before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sara Cox is also a BBC Radio 1 DJ. Must be a busy gal
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Turn it into the local police department, who can then research his DL, etc.

Or mail to the local ICE/USCIS/CBP office. Those can be found on the internet.