50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Permanent Residence Information

I need information about my greencard. I've went to US en 1969 and get out in 1978, allways with my greencard My father is living with his greencard since 1969 in the US. He camed to my country in 1978 and went a lot of times back. He's living in the US since 90' continously. My brother is a US citizen, he born in LA.
    In 1998 I've came to US and all the years included 2002, with B2 visa. In this moment, I'm in my country, I never overstayed.
    Is it possible to get back my status? I know that is important the intentions that you have are important, and when I camed to my country, I didn't wanted to come to my country, it was because my father wanted.
    What I meen is that when we came back to my country, I was a child and it wasn't my intention to leave US. Please someone reply me.
    Thank you.

I need information about my greencard. I've went to US en 1969 and get out in 1978, allways with my greencard My father is living with his greencard since 1969 in the US. He camed to my country in 1978 and went a lot of times back. He's living in the US since 90' continously. My brother is a US citizen, he born in LA.
    In 1998 I've came to US and all the years included 2002, with B2 visa. In this moment, I'm in my country, I never overstayed.
    Is it possible to get back my status? I know that is important the intentions that you have are important, and when I camed to my country, I didn't wanted to come to my country, it was because my father wanted.
    What I meen is that when we came back to my country, I was a child and it wasn't my intention to leave US. Please someone reply me.
    Thank you.

No one answer you?

?

You gave up your status as permanent resident, by:
    a) Staying out of the USA for more than 6 months (or 2 years if you had a re entry permit)
    b) Coming back on a visitors visa.
    Since giving up permanent residency is a final decision, as far as I know, you have to go through the whole process again to regain your permanent residency.

If in fact you lost your legal permanent residency,folks here need to know if your parents
    are LPR's or USC'S.
    In case either one of them is any of the above, then you can always benefit from a provision called "priority date".
    This provision works well for folks who as children came to the US and due to parents ignorance of the immigration laws departed with those children with no intent to do harm to their children.
    It will be unwise to give an answer without knowing marital status and many other twists here and there of anyone's case. You are better off paying a consulatation fee to a reputable attorney that can explain to you the priority date provision. It will be worth your money, believe me.
    enriqu

Ok, thank you.

Ok, I'll tell that my brother is USC and my father is a greencard holder. I am married and I'm an IT professional, I don't know if that can help me. Can you tell me more about "priority date"?
    Enrique, thank you once again.

Nando

The way I understand it it goes more less like this.
    If your dad originally immigrated you, and you lost your residency, your dad can re-claim your priority date. Actually is a jewel hardly handle by amateurs. This is an area for strictly big leaguers. Folks who have been around for awhile as this State Department clause has its interesting
    twists here and there.
    If you are married and your dad immigrated you I am afraid you are out of the ball park. Your USC brother can not be of any value, however with the INS you'll never know what might happen. If you are like me, I would like to win the lottery, but I have not ever purchased a lottery ticket. I keep hoping to find it somewhere which do you have any ideas of my chances?
    Your case merits a good analisis. These cases I love as it provides a challenge to test some theories which abound. Every individual despite its ups and downs has some value somewhere, it just a matter of some research and savvy.
    If I were you I'll test my case to the best immigration lawyer if you can find one.

enriqu