50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Child's I-751 still pending

In the situation where a parent has 10 years GC and a child has I-751 –lifting conditions on GC – pending & parent's marriage to US spouse will not last long due to extreme cruelty/control issues.

Will the fact that a parent has 10 years GC help supersede the marriage-based GC condition on the child?

Or do they have to wait for the removal of conditions on the child's GC before initiating a divorce?

Marriage = 4 years old. I-751 form =sent to CSC. They try to keep process simple as possible.

In the situation where a parent has 10 years GC and a child has I-751 –lifting conditions on GC – pending & parent's marriage to US spouse will not last long due to extreme cruelty/control issues.

Will the fact that a parent has 10 years GC help supersede the marriage-based GC condition on the child?

Or do they have to wait for the removal of conditions on the child's GC before initiating a divorce?

Marriage = 4 years old. I-751 form =sent to CSC. They try to keep process simple as possible.

Anybody knows?

I think individual's I-751 status is not available BCIS on-line.
    Applicant's receipt number is entered and returned with the error msg. I-751 was sent to CSC in the spring of 2002.

I-751's status through the website or through the phone is not available that's why you get an error.

I am very confused as to why your child has a temporary GC and you have a permanent one...

In my case it is the opposite. I have a conditional GC while my son was issued a 10yr perm GC with no conditions at the time we made that application.

I am sure there is a reason for that - maybe I can answer my own question now that I think about it... My son's GC application was not made until after the marriage existed for 2 yrs...

Why didn't you have the conditions removed from the child's GC when you had yours removed?

Just curious how that all works...

ARQU

The parqent received the 10 years GC straight - never needing to lift conditions - recently. His child received the temp. GC some weeks after his arrival in the USA.

My question centers at whether his child's GC depends on his parent's marriage ---OR--- does the fact that his parent now has 10 yrs GC override the dependency of their marriage?

Child's I-751 was sent in April 2002 & the California Service Center shows the processing on I-751 as of November 2002.

When I find the answer, I will let you know.
    Thanks.

Anticipating a long hold on the phone, to my surprise, it answered in seconds.

She said that I-751 is on the different tracking system and she can not access it.

I informed that a child's I-751 is taking some 7 months slower than the "normal" I-751 processing time of 11 months at CSC. She said that she would send a referral since it is outside the normal processing time. It will take about two to three weeks before the letter on child's status will be sent. If no news still, she suggested that I call again in one month....

still bemused re: child not being married to the petitioner but I-751 still depends on it?

It is over!

The letter on his I-751 status arrived. His GC will be mailed shortly.

Have a nice Thanksgiving!